Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

20 years ago today Gene Washington announced the 21st overall pick during the 1998 NFL Draft:

"The Minnesota Vikings have selected wide receiver from Marshall University, Randy Moss."

Washington, our #1 wr in the 70's, also wore the 84 jersey.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Was just coming in here to post this. He needs his beard back. I thought the Bears brought him in this off season? Guess that didn't last long. 

And the kicker is, just announced also, is that Michael Vick will be the OC for the team.  :D

Names that are confirmed, however, are those of the Vikings Legends who will announce their former team’s picks: Keith Millard and Robert Griffith will announce the Vikings second- and third-round selections, respectively.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Millard-Griffith-to-Announce-Vikings-Draft-Picks-in-Rounds-2--3/905aaec9-e31f-4bb3-8244-9fe8f21881fe

I absolutely loved Robert Griffith on those Vikings' teams.  Only John Randle is higher on my list for favorite Vikings from that era.  

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 1

Former Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson wants to be an NFL head coach, but knows he must pay his dues.

Jackson said he is finalizing paperwork to be a graduate assistant with an emphasis on quarterbacks at Alabama State, his alma mater. Jackson last played in the NFL in 2015, and spent the past two seasons as a high school assistant.

TJack: “I do want to coach on a professional level. Of course, you have dreams. … In the back of my head, I do want to be a head coach one day, but right now I want to be the best quarterback, grad assistant coach that I can be … I want to just focus as much as I can on learning the coaching side.’’

Jackson, 34, played for the Vikings from 2006-10 and was with Seattle in 2011, Buffalo in 2012 and the Seahawks from 2013-15. When he was a free agent in 2016, Jackson had hoped to continue his NFL career before it was derailed due to an arrest.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/25/legal-problems-behind-him-ex-vikings-qb-tarvaris-jackson-takes-college-job/

On 4/28/2018 at 4:27 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Former Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson wants to be an NFL head coach, but knows he must pay his dues.

Jackson said he is finalizing paperwork to be a graduate assistant with an emphasis on quarterbacks at Alabama State, his alma mater. Jackson last played in the NFL in 2015, and spent the past two seasons as a high school assistant.

TJack: “I do want to coach on a professional level. Of course, you have dreams. … In the back of my head, I do want to be a head coach one day, but right now I want to be the best quarterback, grad assistant coach that I can be … I want to just focus as much as I can on learning the coaching side.’’

Jackson, 34, played for the Vikings from 2006-10 and was with Seattle in 2011, Buffalo in 2012 and the Seahawks from 2013-15. When he was a free agent in 2016, Jackson had hoped to continue his NFL career before it was derailed due to an arrest.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/25/legal-problems-behind-him-ex-vikings-qb-tarvaris-jackson-takes-college-job/

I wish him good luck.  Let's hope he can be a better coach than he was a player.  

• Like 1

The league announced that eight teams will carry international players on their practice squads this year, with each team in the AFC North getting a player and the NFC South teams bringing theirs back from last season.

The name of the bunch is Moritz Böhringer, who has been allocated to the Bengals. He was a sixth-round pick of the Vikings in 2016, after a standout career with the Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns of the German Football League. He spent the 2016 season on their practice squad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/01/nfl-doles-out-four-more-international-practice-squaders/