Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Sidney Rice: “That whole season was definitely the most fun I had in my seven-year career. The moment that they brought Brett Favre into the building and the moment we got the news he was coming in, and we had the helicopters flying over the facility, it was pretty exciting. Being able to play with a legend is an amazing thing in itself, but after building and forming a relationship with Brett, he made the game so much more fun. His whole goal was to go out and have fun every single day and this is a guy who had been playing for 19 years previously."

"One of my favorite moments was playing in Green Bay his first game back at Lambeau as a Viking. He called me over to the side when we were in the huddle, and he’s actually drawing a play in the dirt. That was pretty crazy to me. He drew a play up, and it was a run play, and he actually told me what to do. Come down in motion, take one step off the line, and turn and look at him. And I’m like ‘What are you talking about?’ So obviously, I’m not going to not do what Brett Favre tells me to do. So I come down in motion, take a step off the line, look over to the left toward him and the ball's coming at me and it was a first down for 13 yards. It was completely mind-boggling, but those are some of the fun things about that season.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/LongFormArticle/Sidney-Rice-gives-reason-why-Vikings-failed-to-win-title-more-121488481/#121488481_1

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, he was excited on Twitter the other day after getting the starting TE job.  Tough break for the former Gopher (and still living in Minnesota) QB.

Moving him to WR was a great move by Kill. Fleck doing the same with Seth Green could pay similar dividends.

Peterson gained 166 yards from scrimmage in Washington’s 24-6 win over Arizona and that makes Peterson the oldest back in NFL history to gain at least 150 yards from scrimmage in the first week of a season. He also scored his 100th career rushing touchdown and passed Jim Brown for 10th place on the league’s all-time rushing list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/10/trent-williams-we-got-the-adrian-peterson-we-know-and-love/

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones called Troy Aikman an “armchair quarterback” after the Hall of Fame quarterback criticized his former team’s creativity on offense. The Cowboys’ play caller, Scott Linehan, wasn’t about to go that far, saying Aikman is entitled to his opinion.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/13/scott-linehan-its-our-job-to-prove-troy-aikman-wrong/

54 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So, Stephen Jones is going to be just as obnoxious as his father?  And what a nice way to treat the only HOF quarterback you've had on your team since your father bought it.  

I listen to NFL Radio on SiriusXM, and it’s funny how many Cowboys fans are already giving up. But the funniest thing is that ALL of them know that the Jones’ are the problem, and nothing can be done about that. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I listen to NFL Radio on SiriusXM, and it’s funny how many Cowboys fans are already giving up. But the funniest thing is that ALL of them know that the Jones’ are the problem, and nothing can be done about that. 

That's why it's no coincidence that they've done virtually nothing since the falling out with Jimmy.  

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Just heard on NFL Network that the team is staying in the family for the long haul....like through Jerry's grandkids at least.

Edited by Klomp