Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Just heard on NFL Network that the team is staying in the family for the long haul....like through Jerry's grandkids at least.

That's fine with me, because the longer they are mismanaged, the longer they stay irrelevant...so then they can go back to just considering themselves Jerruh World's Team instead of America's Team (which they never were).   

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

That's fine with me, because the longer they are mismanaged, the longer they stay irrelevant...so then they can go back to just considering themselves Jerruh World's Team instead of America's Team (which they never were).   

My current prediction: They end up with a Top 5 pick in 2019, fire Garrett, draft a QB in 1st.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

My current prediction: They end up with a Top 5 pick in 2019, fire Garrett, draft a QB in 1st.

They probably should have fired Garrett 3-4 years ago.  He's never been impressive as a coach to me...and to think that he's the 2nd winningest coach in Cowboys history.  He's almost like a backup coach, like he was a backup QB.  

Edited by swede700

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Jason Garrett will remain the HC in Dallas until Drew Brees retires. ?

We'll see...Payton's in a good place in NO and especially with the ownership still in flux after Benson's death, he's the king of that franchise.  He'd lose all that leverage going to Dallas.  

Edited by swede700

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

We'll see...Payton's in a good place in NO and especially with the ownership still in flux after Benson's death, he's the king of that franchise.  He'd lose all that leverage going to Dallas.  

That depends on what type of deal Jones would be willing to do. I could see Jones pulling a Mark Davis move and handing the keys to Payton. 

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That depends on what type of deal Jones would be willing to do. I could see Jones pulling a Mark Davis move and handing the keys to Payton. 

Personally, I could never trust 'em even if they were "handing the keys" to him.  They basically did so with Parcells, and still they kept nudging their way in.  They can't help themselves.

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I hope to live long enough that the Cowboys become the second team in Texas!!  I hate the Cowboys...Roger Staubach is the Satan's spawn!!

The Pro Football Hall of Fame on Thursday released its list of modern-era nominees for the Class of 2019, and a few names will be familiar to Vikings fans.

Randall Cunningham, one of the stars of the 15-1 Vikings season, joins four other quarterbacks – Dave Krieg, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair – on the list of 91 total players and 11 coaches eligible. The list will be shortened to 25 in November and 15 finalists in January. Five-time Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson, who played for the Vikings from 2006-11, is among the offensive line nominees after being first added last year.

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman’s brother Chris, who played linebacker for eight seasons in Detroit and two with Buffalo, also was nominated.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-cunningham-hutchinson-among-hof-class-of-2019-nominees?sf197676085=1

The Seahawks have made the surprising decision to cut starting defensive tackle Tom Johnson, just one game into his stint with the team.

The 34-year-old Johnson started against the Broncos in last week’s season-opening loss, and he has already received a $950,000 signing bonus and a $15,000 roster bonus. He is a vested veteran, which means his $900,000 base salary was guaranteed as soon as he made the Week One roster.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the Seahawks just want to free up a roster spot to bolster another position this week and plan to re-sign Johnson next week. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/15/seahawks-cut-starter-tom-johnson-after-one-game-nearly-2-million/

ouch. almost two million bucks gone, if someone else signs him first...

Edited by vike daddy

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Seahawks have made the surprising decision to cut starting defensive tackle Tom Johnson, just one game into his stint with the team.

There goes the Vikings compensatory formula buffer. They had a net loss of five compensatory free agents but since the max number of compensatory picks per team is four picks they were only going to get four compensatory picks. With Johnson being cut the Vikings now will only have a net loss of four qualifying compensatory free agents. Johnson was already one of the lowest qualifying losses so losing him in the formula will not cause a pick to slide to a lower round.

According to Over The Cap's cancellation chart the team is still in line to get a 3rd (Keenum), 6th (Bridgewater), 7th (Brock), and 7th (Stephen). Any additional losses against the formula will cost the team a compensatory pick. Of these four, Stephen is in the thinest ice IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

There goes the Vikings compensatory formula buffer. They had a net loss of five compensatory free agents but since the max number of compensatory picks per team is four picks they were only going to get four compensatory picks. With Johnson being cut the Vikings now will only have a net loss of four qualifying compensatory free agents. Johnson was already one of the lowest qualifying losses so losing him in the formula will not cause a pick to slide to a lower round.

According to Over The Cap's cancellation chart the team is still in line to get a 3rd (Keenum), 6th (Bridgewater), 7th (Brock), and 7th (Stephen). Any additional losses against the formula will cost the team a compensatory pick. Of these four, Stephen is in the thinest ice IMO.

I'm thankful you're keeping up with this. All I could remember is what we're getting for Keenum and Bridgewater haha