Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

16 hours ago, Klomp said:

He only faced a Green-coached Vikings team once as defensive coordinator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIA_kK6DTWs

But, he also faced him in 2005 and 2006 when Denny was the Cardinals' HC and Zimmer was the Cowboys' DC.  Green whupped up on him 34-13 in '05 and then the next year whupped him again 27-10.  

Edited by swede700

The bad news for Washington is that running back Adrian Peterson, who clearly still has it, currently has a sprained ankle. The good news is that he has a week off to let it heal. Coach Jay Gruden disclosed the injury on Monday. Earlier in the day, Peterson was spotted in a boot.

Gruden: “I think he’s going to be fine. I think this bye week is a good time for him, so he gets two weeks to recover.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/adrian-peterson-has-a-sprained-ankle/

There are secondary problems all over the NFC South, and the Saints are looking into theirs. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Saints are working out former Buccaneers defensive back Josh Robinson today.

Robinson was released by the Bucs in September after two years there. The former second-rounder played his first four seasons for the Vikings, and is a reliable special teamer as well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/25/josh-robinson-working-out-for-saints-today/

On 9/24/2018 at 6:47 PM, vike daddy said:

The bad news for Washington is that running back Adrian Peterson, who clearly still has it, currently has a sprained ankle. The good news is that he has a week off to let it heal. Coach Jay Gruden disclosed the injury on Monday. Earlier in the day, Peterson was spotted in a boot.

Gruden: “I think he’s going to be fine. I think this bye week is a good time for him, so he gets two weeks to recover.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/adrian-peterson-has-a-sprained-ankle/

Adrian was 12th all time rushing starting the season.  He's moved past Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown into 10th place.

He needs 227 yards to catch Tony Dorsett and 747 to catch Eric Dickerson.

If he can keep having vs Green Bay type stats but can avoid getting injured by Green Bay, he should be able to end his career in the top 5.  What do you think?

1 hour ago, since72 said:

Adrian was 12th all time rushing starting the season.  He's moved past Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown into 10th place.

If he can keep having vs Green Bay type stats but can avoid getting injured by Green Bay, he should be able to end his career in the top 5.  What do you think?

What do I think?  Oh, what coulda been...that's what I think.  

1 hour ago, since72 said:

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

What do I think?  Oh, what coulda been...that's what I think.  

My thinking as well. What could have been...

He's 1,589 yards away from Curtis Martin and 5th place. I think health will be his biggest obstacle, he appears to still have something left on the field. 

3 hours ago, since72 said:

I think Adrian Peterson is a mutant!!!!  He's not your normal 30 plus year-old running back, that's for sure.