Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Since the Bills have a pair of quarterbacks in the concussion protocol, they made a move to add some depth there. They announced they signed former Panthers third-stringer Joe Webb, who worked out for them yesterday. To make room for him on the roster, they released safety Colt Anderson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/bills-sign-quarterback-joe-webb/

The Giants list Rhett Ellison as their starter at tight end, with first-round pick Evan Engram as the backup. It’s no surprise considering Ellison started the first three preseason games, with both he and Engram sitting out the fourth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/05/giants-list-rhett-ellison-as-starting-te/

On 9/4/2017 at 9:20 AM, vike daddy said:

Since the Bills have a pair of quarterbacks in the concussion protocol, they made a move to add some depth there. They announced they signed former Panthers third-stringer Joe Webb, who worked out for them yesterday. To make room for him on the roster, they released safety Colt Anderson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/bills-sign-quarterback-joe-webb/

Randy Moss will be on the ballot when the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee chooses the Class of 2018 in five months. He doesn’t sound like he trusts the process. Although Moss is widely expected to get enshrined in Canton, he says politics are involved, and he doesn’t think he’ll be judged solely on what he did on the field.

Moss: "There’s a lot of different avenues we could go down with the Hall of Fame, the voting, the criteria, all that stuff. All I know is I just played the game to the best of my ability. I put my mark, I put my stamp, I put my family’s name on the game of football and the National Football League. You can’t get any higher. Wherever people hold me at or wherever they put me, that’s up to them. But I know deep down in my heart, when it’s all said and done, I know where I stand. I stand up there with the greats. First ballot or not, I understand what it is, man. It’s a political war, and I was one of those guys who didn’t play [politics], nor do I intend to play into politics. I know what I stood for. I know what the game is. I gave my all to the game, 14 years through the ups and downs, I still gave my commitment to the National Football League. Like it or not.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/randy-moss-says-hall-of-fame-voting-is-political/

straight talk, straight cash.

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Randy Moss will be on the ballot when the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee chooses the Class of 2018 in five months. He doesn’t sound like he trusts the process. Although Moss is widely expected to get enshrined in Canton, he says politics are involved, and he doesn’t think he’ll be judged solely on what he did on the field.

Moss: "There’s a lot of different avenues we could go down with the Hall of Fame, the voting, the criteria, all that stuff. All I know is I just played the game to the best of my ability. I put my mark, I put my stamp, I put my family’s name on the game of football and the National Football League. You can’t get any higher. Wherever people hold me at or wherever they put me, that’s up to them. But I know deep down in my heart, when it’s all said and done, I know where I stand. I stand up there with the greats. First ballot or not, I understand what it is, man. It’s a political war, and I was one of those guys who didn’t play [politics], nor do I intend to play into politics. I know what I stood for. I know what the game is. I gave my all to the game, 14 years through the ups and downs, I still gave my commitment to the National Football League. Like it or not.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/randy-moss-says-hall-of-fame-voting-is-political/

straight talk, straight cash.

I'm not sure that off the field stuff will tarnish him much.  It's the on field impression where I have a problem with Moss.  Was he great?  Indeed.  However, I never felt that he gave his "all" to the game.  I know that I may be the only one to have that opinion on this board, and that's ok.  Pure talent...Moss get's in.  Yet, he gave the impression to me sometimes that he just didn't give a damn.

24 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

However, I never felt that he gave his "all" to the game.  I know that I may be the only one to have that opinion on this board, and that's ok.  Pure talent...Moss get's in.  Yet, he gave the impression to me sometimes that he just didn't give a damn.

I don't think you're alone. I loved watching Randy play in purple, he's one of my favorite Vikings ever. With that being said the whole "play when I wanna play" is disappointing because if he would've played the way he was capable of playing 100% of the time he would've dominated even more. I'm just glad I was able to watch him in his prime, what a treat it was.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I'm not sure that off the field stuff will tarnish him much.  It's the on field impression where I have a problem with Moss.  Was he great?  Indeed.  However, I never felt that he gave his "all" to the game.  I know that I may be the only one to have that opinion on this board, and that's ok.  Pure talent...Moss get's in.  Yet, he gave the impression to me sometimes that he just didn't give a damn.

Agree for the most part, but I do think the off-field stuff will still have a significant impact.  You still can't think of Randy and not recall the traffic officer incident or the "dog food" incident.  But, I do agree, that even more than that, the "I play when I wanna play" will hurt him more than anything, as that is his signature statement.  And there will definitely be voters that will hold that against him.