Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

And unfortunately, he and Gore (along with McCoy and Lynch) are the last of the breed.  From here on out, we'll have to redefine what a HOF RB is going to be, because no one will likely ever reach their totals again...or not at least for quite some time. 

Oh, I don't know.  Things seem pretty cyclical in the NFL.  I think, eventually, there will be rule changes that return defensive play back to what it was in the past.  Then offenses will respond with more attention given to the running game...the workhorse running back will be needed again!  I would like to see the days return when teams had two running threats out of the backfield like Csonka and Kiick/Morris, Hornung and Taylor, Grange and Nagurski!!!

After further consideration, the Carolina Panthers will make the sensible move and shut down Cam Newton for the rest of the season. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Panthers are expected to sit Newton now that they are essentially out of the playoff race. Backup Taylor Heinicke is anticipated to get the start Sunday versus the Atlanta Falcons.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001897/article/panthers-cam-newton-expected-to-miss-rest-of-season

During his conference call with Detroit media on Wednesday, Zimmer made a point to clarify that Norv Turner was not fired but instead quit as Vikings offensive coordinator during the 2016 season.

Asked Thursday if he was “annoyed” that some have said he has fired two offensive coordinators in three seasons, Zimmer said, “Well, I haven’t. So it doesn’t annoy me.”

Pushed on the issue, he said, “There’s a reputation that I’m hard to deal with. That’s not the case. I don’t want people to think I’m trying to run guys out of here.”

Asked if he’d like to detail Turner’s exit, Zimmer declined and joked, “Maybe in my book.”

http://www.startribune.com/kevin-stefanski-says-his-successful-debut-as-vikings-offensive-coordinator-was-a-group-effort/503280541/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

During his conference call with Detroit media on Wednesday, Zimmer made a point to clarify that Norv Turner was not fired but instead quit as Vikings offensive coordinator during the 2016 season.

As I recall, Zimmer was shocked by Turner's unexpected resignation and tried to talk him out of it.  He was sad to see him leave.

Sean Payton said that the Saints will approach their Week 17 game like any regular season game and that they’ll try to win to end the year with a 14-2 record. As noted by multiple reporters on the Saints beat, however, Payton didn’t say that every starter was going to be part of that effort. Payton could determine that backups could handle doing what’s needed to defeat a beaten-up Panthers team. If that’s the case, there’s a chance Teddy Bridgewater starts at quarterback for the first time since the 2015 season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/24/sean-payton-on-week-17-well-approach-it-like-any-regular-season-game/

• Like 1

On December 25, 2018 at 1:53 PM, since72 said:

Tommy Kramer will be signing autographs at Howie's Sports Bar in St. Cloud on Sunday before the Bears game.  Howie puts out free popcorn, chili, and hot dogs during Viking games.  No word if Tommy will be sober.

Kramer will be there from 2:00 to 3:00.  There will be a drawing at halftime for an autographed jersey.