54 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Fourth round pick.  Spielman. 

Diggs - 5th round pick

Thielen - undrafted

Griffen - 4th round pick

Hunter - 3rd round pick

Sendejo - undrafted

Spielman

all starters, and productive ones. the point is, when drafting you win some and you lose some. just focusing on the losses with an agenda to sell doesn't mean much when you look at the wins too.

Edited by vike daddy

Tom Brady, at 40, is currently leading the league in passing yards, and if he leads the league for the entire season he’ll be the oldest player ever to do so, eclipsing Fran Tarkenton, who led the league in 1978 at the age of 38.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/18/at-40-tom-brady-is-not-acting-his-age/

shows you how productive Fran was, that his records held so long. and in keep in mind he played mainly 14 game seasons, and spent years on a gawd awful NYG team.

Edited by vike daddy

On 9/17/2017 at 9:17 AM, vike daddy said:

Diggs - 5th round pick

Thielen - undrafted

Griffen - 4th round pick

Hunter - 3rd round pick

Sendejo - undrafted

Spielman

all starters, and productive ones. the point is, when drafting you win some and you lose some. just focusing on the losses with an agenda to sell doesn't mean much when you look at the wins too.

OK, I was unclear.  Fourth.  Round.  Pick.  Sixth.  Round.  Talent.  Projected.  By.  Scouts.  Wasted.  Fourth.  Round.  Pick.  Could.  Have.  Waited.  Until.  Sixth.  Round.  To.  Gamble.  And. Saved.  Fourth.  Round.  Pick.  For.  Fourth.  Round. Talent.

Keenum became the second quarterback in Vikings history to complete at least 75 percent of his passes with at least 360 yards passing, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a single game, joining Tommy Kramer from a Dec. 14, 1980 performance against Cleveland.

http://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/QB-Case-Keenum-outstanding-on-point-for-Minnesota-Vikings-107932822

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Keenum became the second quarterback in Vikings history to complete at least 75 percent of his passes with at least 360 yards passing, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a single game, joining Tommy Kramer from a Dec. 14, 1980 performance against Cleveland.

http://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/QB-Case-Keenum-outstanding-on-point-for-Minnesota-Vikings-107932822

Sam Bradford was just 14 yards shy of doing this in Week 1.

Former Jets linebacker Erin Henderson was placed on the non-football injury list by the team last season and that decision is at the heart of a lawsuit Henderson has filed against the team.

Henderson, who has bi-polar disorder, believes he was placed on the list without merit and is suing for wrongful termination and disability discrimination. He is seeking $3.3 million in compensatory damages based on his lost salary for last season and the salary he was set to make in 2017 before the team declined his contract option as well as punitive damages.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/erin-henderson-suing-jets-for-wrongful-termination-disability-discrimination/

The Cardinals offensive line had a bad night against the Cowboys on Monday and one member of the group suffered an injury that will require further evaluation. General Manager Steve Keim said during an appearance on “Doug & Wolf” on Arizona Sports 98.7 that Alex Boone, who has been playing left guard with Mike Iupati injured, suffered a pectoral injury. Keim called the injury a strain and said Boone will have an MRI.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/alex-boone-having-mri-for-pec-injury/

Ex-NFL offensive lineman Mike Harris will file retirement papers next month, resigned to the fact that a congenital brain condition prematurely ended his career.

“For a long time, I was really depressed about the whole situation, but I finally am in the light,’’ Harris said, via Chris Tomasson of the Twin Cities Pioneer Press. “At the end of the day, I want to live to be a grown man. Football gave me a good life. I had been playing since I was 10 years old.

“When it first happened, I didn’t want to talk to the media and any of my teammates, but I’m in a better place now. It took a while, but I know my life comes over football.’’

Following an organized team activity with the Vikings in 2016, Harris felt like he was “having a stroke.” Tests at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester diagnosed a brain arteriovenous malformation, a tangle of abnormal blood vessels connecting arteries and veins in the brain.

The Vikings initially put Harris on the non-football injury list, paying him $500,000 for last season, before waiving him in February. He hoped to resume his career, but doctors recommended he quit.

He played five seasons, the last three with the Vikings, and made 33 career starts and $3.5 million, per Tomasson.

Harris, who soon will undergo a procedure at the Mayo Clinic, is expected to live a normal life with only a 5 percent chance of a recurrence of AVM.

“It’s unfortunate my career has come to an end, but I’m just happy I can walk on my own two feet and I can be there for my family in my future,’’ Harris, 28, said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/ex-nfl-player-mike-harris-living-with-congenital-brain-condition/