Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Doleman was one of those players that was a conundrum for me.  Like a Randy Moss or a Marcus Allen it just appeared it was effortless for him.  I know that it wasn't...but, that's the way it appeared.  He had all those sacks but he wasn't "splashy" about it.  He never seemed to want to draw attention to himself.  Now I realize that he had a very humble personality.  In hindsight, I know now that he should be mentioned with Page, Eller, Marshall and Randle.  He should be mentioned with Deacon Jones, Reggie White, Charles Haley and Michael Strahan.  His quiet and unassuming manner would probably have a lot of football fans, like me, think that he was good but not great.  However, his effectiveness as a pass rusher can not be denied.  He was indeed great while not demanding that the camera always be on him.  Chris Doleman will be missed...may there be many more players like him in the NFL.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Awesome to see Hutch get in. And, honesty, a little surprised he got in over Faneca. 

James and Bruce get in because of the teams they played for, more than their individual play. 

James was phenomenal, injuries derailed him a bit early on though. I have no problem with him getting in.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, SemperFeist said:

Awesome to see Hutch get in. And, honesty, a little surprised he got in over Faneca. 

James and Bruce get in because of the teams they played for, more than their individual play. 

I only thought Faneca would get in first because he was a finalist first, but Hutchinson was a far better guard.  I will continue to say Isaac Bruce doesn't deserve it, as he's the modern day Art Monk, but so be it.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I only thought Faneca would get in first because he was a finalist first, but Hutchinson was a far better guard.  I will continue to say Isaac Bruce doesn't deserve it, as he's the modern day Art Monk, but so be it.  

Agreed 100%

The Browns had to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire their defensive coordinator, but the team’s hiring of Joe Woods will become official soon, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Woods coached the 49ers’ defensive backs and served as the defensive passing game coordinator. He worked with new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski in Minnesota from 2006-13.

Woods: “With Kevin, I’ve had a relationship with him, coaching on the same staff. So if that were to happen, I feel it would be very easy, a seamless transition. There’s a trust factor there. He knows my work ethic. He saw me in the building for eight years, so he knows what I’m all about, so I don’t think there would be a problem there.’’

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/03/browns-set-to-hire-joe-woods-as-defensive-coordinator/

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Browns had to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire their defensive coordinator, but the team’s hiring of Joe Woods will become official soon, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Woods coached the 49ers’ defensive backs and served as the defensive passing game coordinator. He worked with new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski in Minnesota from 2006-13.

Woods: “With Kevin, I’ve had a relationship with him, coaching on the same staff. So if that were to happen, I feel it would be very easy, a seamless transition. There’s a trust factor there. He knows my work ethic. He saw me in the building for eight years, so he knows what I’m all about, so I don’t think there would be a problem there.’’

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/03/browns-set-to-hire-joe-woods-as-defensive-coordinator/

The only issue I have is that Joe Woods sucked as a coach with the Vikings.  I'm not sure there was a DB on that roster that got any better while he was here.  Next to Richard Solomon (who is in a class all by himself), I'm not sure I can name a worse assistant coach in the last 25 years for the Vikings.  

Edited by swede700