Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd be extremely surprised if that were to happen.  

I wouldn’t. When you go 5-0 in your most recent body of work, it’s going to get you paid. 

Bridgewater has played more and shown more than Garoppolo did at the time of his trade to San Francisco, and the 49ers made Garoppolo the highest paid QB in the league. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I wouldn’t. When you go 5-0 in your most recent body of work, it’s going to get you paid. 

Bridgewater has played more and shown more than Garoppolo did at the time of his trade to San Francisco, and the 49ers made Garoppolo the highest paid QB in the league. 

Garappolo also wouldn't have had to face this type of free agent market either if he had to compete with others.  

Edited by swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

Garappolo also wouldn't have had to face this type of free agent market either if he had to compete with others.  

I doubt Bridgewater is going to compete with guys like Brady (who’s not leaving the Pats), Brees (who’s not leaving NO), or Rivers, who’s a one year stop gap. And among Winston, Mariota, and Tannehill, I’d say Bridgewater will be a higher priority than any of them. 

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I doubt Bridgewater is going to compete with guys like Brady (who’s not leaving the Pats), Brees (who’s not leaving NO), or Rivers, who’s a one year stop gap. And among Winston, Mariota, and Tannehill, I’d say Bridgewater will be a higher priority than any of them. 

I just can't imagine why the Saints would stick with ancient Brees when Bridgewater has plenty of playing time left in his career.

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I'd actually think Tannehill has a far better shot at getting that kind of money than Teddy,  because he actually got his team to the AFC Championship Game.  I think they're about the same level of a QB, and I don't believe Tannehill will get anywhere near that.  My guess is it would be about $25M at the most, although I still wouldn't pay a guy like Teddy more than $20M until he proves it over the long haul.   

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'd actually think Tannehill has a far better shot at getting that kind of money than Teddy,  because he actually got his team to the AFC Championship Game.  I think they're about the same level of a QB, and I don't believe Tannehill will get anywhere near that.  My guess is it would be about $25M at the most, although I still wouldn't pay a guy like Teddy more than $20M until he proves it over the long haul.   

The argument that I’d have against that is that there is so much bad football on tape from Tannehill. Teddy doesn’t really have any bad tape. His biggest issue will be answering questions about his injury. 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, SemperFeist said:

The argument that I’d have against that is that there is so much bad football on tape from Tannehill. Teddy doesn’t really have any bad tape. His biggest issue will be answering questions about his injury. 

But, you're not going to invest $30M per year on a guy that's started 6 games in the last 4 years.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

But, you're not going to invest $30M per year on a guy that's started 6 games in the last 4 years.  

You’re paying him for what you expect to get in the future. If you’re signing Bridgewater to be your starting QB, your going to be paying him close to $30M per season. 

And Teddy’s lack of starts isn’t performance or talent based. He’s in a unique category. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1