Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd keep Harris and maybe look at adding a safety in round 3, in case he decides to leave after this season to cash in.

You never know. Could move on from Harrison Smith next year too or he could decide to retire. He seems like the kind of guy that would hang it up early to protect himself from future injuries. He has a longtime girlfriend. Madison Bankston sp? that he may want to spent more tine with. Marriage and Kids down the road. Just a guess though.

• Like 1

Asked if he planned to watch the proceedings by Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Jared Allen replied:

“I do not. I know the kids being drafted are having the time of their life, but I think the draft is probably the most boring thing to put on TV imaginable. I guess I’ve never been a big fan of sitting there and getting all crazy and ecstatic about a guy who hasn’t done a single thing in the NFL yet.”

"The NFL today is known for overthinking things. We have meetings about meetings. I personally don’t think the team visits mean much. They’re still able to talk to guys on the phone. You’re going to be able to do video conferences. You have all the tape on these guys. Teams already know all the red flags. They got all the info at the combine before everything got shut down. To be honest with you, I don’t think this will impact a team's draft in any way.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/02/jared-allen-wont-be-glued-to-tv-during-2020-nfl-draft/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Asked if he planned to watch the proceedings by Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Jared Allen replied:

“I do not. I know the kids being drafted are having the time of their life, but I think the draft is probably the most boring thing to put on TV imaginable. I guess I’ve never been a big fan of sitting there and getting all crazy and ecstatic about a guy who hasn’t done a single thing in the NFL yet.”

"The NFL today is known for overthinking things. We have meetings about meetings. I personally don’t think the team visits mean much. They’re still able to talk to guys on the phone. You’re going to be able to do video conferences. You have all the tape on these guys. Teams already know all the red flags. They got all the info at the combine before everything got shut down. To be honest with you, I don’t think this will impact a team's draft in any way.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/02/jared-allen-wont-be-glued-to-tv-during-2020-nfl-draft/

Did you ever think that Jared Allen would be the voice reason and reality??  I have to see...I don't watch the draft either.  I read about it the next day in the paper or on this forum.