Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

he just needs more time!!, you would tell us.

Poor Tavaris, his time has run out....

I know I did defend him around here for a long time, up until that Colts game I saw on my birthday at the Metrodome where he led the blowing of an 15-0 lead...a game in which he overthrew the FB on a 2-3 yd out by 5 yds, which led to the chorus of boos (which I did participate in) that I can still vividly remember.  I just couldn't prop him up anymore after that.    

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/2376901-kicked-gut-vikings-blow-15-point-lead-against-colts

Edited by swede700

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Considering that's Tice's expertise as a former blocking TE and OL coach guru, I'd respect his opinion more than some others.  

I’ve listened to Tice multiple times, and while I respect his credentials, he sounds stuck in the past. Most of his o-line takes are that which we saw in the late 90s and early 00s. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve listened to Tice multiple times, and while I respect his credentials, he sounds stuck in the past. Most of his o-line takes are that which we saw in the late 90s and early 00s. 

I can see that, to a certain extent...it's part of why he's not coaching anymore, as he said the "kids don't want to take coaching anymore."  But, I still respect his opinion regarding blocking, because he was as good at it as a TE and a coach as any I've ever seen.  And it should be noted that the O-Lines were light-years better in the late 90s and 00s than they are now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can see that, to a certain extent...it's part of why he's not coaching anymore, as he said the "kids don't want to take coaching anymore."  But, I still respect his opinion regarding blocking, because he was as good at it as a TE and a coach as any I've ever seen.  And it should be noted that the O-Lines were light-years better in the late 90s and 00s than they are now.

I’d listen to him all day teach the Xs and Os of blocking. But I think he’s out of touch with how a line is built. One thing I’ve seen from him, and he alludes to it in his comment about Reiff, is that he still sees players as a left tackle or a right tackle, when in today’s NFL there are just tackles. 

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d listen to him all day teach the Xs and Os of blocking. But I think he’s out of touch with how a line is built. One thing I’ve seen from him, and he alludes to it in his comment about Reiff, is that he still sees players as a left tackle or a right tackle, when in today’s NFL there are just tackles. 

What's this based on?

Three and a half years after he last played in the NFL, Percy Harvin wants to return. Harvin told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he is working out, in good shape and eager to play again.

Harvin: “I’m ready to return to the NFL. I thought I was done, but that itch came back. I’ve been training with a former Olympian. My body is feeling good. Mentally I’m better. My family is good. The timing is right.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/22/percy-harvin-says-he-wants-to-return-to-the-nfl/

25 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

The notion that there is no longer Left Tackles or Right Tackles...just tackles.

I'm assuming that he's talking about how the LT usually had to be more athletic than the RT since he was blocking the blind-side...but now, with the mobile QBs, both sides have to be fairly athletic.  I don't necessarily agree with his interpretation, but I understand it.  I still think there is a difference between the 2, it's just not as pronounced as it once was.  In the case of Cousins, he does need to have more traditional tackles because he's not as mobile as some QBs.  

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Three and a half years after he last played in the NFL, Percy Harvin wants to return. Harvin told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he is working out, in good shape and eager to play again.

Harvin: “I’m ready to return to the NFL. I thought I was done, but that itch came back. I’ve been training with a former Olympian. My body is feeling good. Mentally I’m better. My family is good. The timing is right.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/22/percy-harvin-says-he-wants-to-return-to-the-nfl/

I'd kick the tires... why not?

Even if he is only 90% of what he used to be, he is still an elite athlete. 

He won't be a star WR, but as a kick returner and gadget weapon he could still be fun to watch

• Like 1