Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

It's clearly a cry for help.

And, sadly, it’s probably the end of his career. 

How many teams are going to be interested in him, knowing that he could go off the rails at any moment? Teams weren’t exactly knocking on his door after he opted out, and judging from his play on the field, I don’t think that’s the issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

And, sadly, it’s probably the end of his career. 

How many teams are going to be interested in him, knowing that he could go off the rails at any moment? Teams weren’t exactly knocking on his door after he opted out, and judging from his play on the field, I don’t think that’s the issue. 

Ev has been one of my favorite players since college.  I'd love to bring him back in, one, because I think he could help as a rotational end, and, two, he was starting to get the help that he needs prior to his release.

• Like 1

Bengals cornerback Mackensie Alexander was arrested for battery in Florida this summer, but the charges have now been dropped. Alexander’s attorney Brian Pakett told Tom Pelissero of NFL Media about the dismissal on Tuesday.

The incident leading to the charges came when Alexander was looking for his father after he’d gone missing. Alexander was arrested after confronting a man who had allegedly left his father behind on a berry-picking trip.

Alexander’s father was found alive a short time later and the younger Alexander played 13 games during the 2020 season. With the charges dropped, both Alexanders can now put the entire affair behind them once and for all.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/battery-charges-dropped-against-mackensie-alexander/

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Any interest in bringing him back? He was only on a 1 year deal.

I think the Vikings need to consider low rent veteran CB free agents. I wouldn't rule Alexander out from that conversation, but I really like Galdney and Dantzler.

47 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I think the Vikings need to consider low rent veteran CB free agents. I wouldn't rule Alexander out from that conversation, but I really like Galdney and Dantzler.

I always thought that Alexander would end up as a safety.  I might bring him back with that in mind.