Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d bring Easton back to start at LG, so long as the concussions are looked into. He’s had a lot of them.

He could come back to compete, probably as a back up.    But, just like our interior O Line, Brees was running from middle pressure too much.    I'd surmise thats a result of OG play not being dominant, so why would the Vikings need to continue that trend with hiring a FA.    

I say get big strong rookies in there and let them duke it out . . . Give them the chance to be hungry and earn a big payday. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

He could come back to compete, probably as a back up.    But, just like our interior O Line, Brees was running from middle pressure too much.    I'd surmise thats a result of OG play not being dominant, so why would the Vikings need to continue that trend with hiring a FA.    

I say get big strong rookies in there and let them duke it out . . . Give them the chance to be hungry and earn a big payday. 

Why not do both. I’d see Easton as an upgrade over Dozier and if a rookie beats him out, so be it. 

• Like 2

I don’t think anyone sees Easton as the answer at left guard. But, as VR said, he’s better than Dozier. He plugs the hole at left guard as you go into the draft. If you find a better option there, great! But, at the very least, it won’t be a position that you’re forced to draft, and you won’t need a rookie to step in day one. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Happy birthday to the all-time INT leader, Paul Krause!

vikings.com

And probably one of the few records across any sport that will likely never get beaten.  To put it in perspective, in-going HOFer Charles Woodson played 18 years...and was still 16 INTs short of Krause.   The active leader, Richard Sherman, is 45(!) interceptions behind.  So, unless the NFL decides to change the rules and let teams play more defense, that record will stand the test of time.

• Like 1