Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I wonder if Heinicke would be our starting QB if he just didn't kick that glass door in .... what dreams may come

But then we would have never gotten to see the wunderkind (sarcasm intended) that is Kyle Sloter.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't post the article, but I just saw a survey of agents in the Athletic and George Paton got the 2nd most votes (behind Chris Ballard) for the best talent evaluator in the NFL and the most votes for who they trust the most...so they apparently have some thoughts on who was the one that drove the bus here in Minnesota for some of the good drafts and signings we've had over the years.

Edited by swede700

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Can't post the article, but I just saw a survey of agents in the Athletic and George Paton got the 2nd most votes (behind Chris Ballard) for the best talent evaluator in the NFL and the most votes for who they trust the most...so they apparently have some thoughts on who was the one that drove the bus here in Minnesota for some of the good drafts and signings we've had over the years.

buuuuuuuut... Spielman gets the blame for the bad ones...?

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Apparently.  A lot of the comments were taking shots at the agents for all their praise of Paton even though he hasn't even been in the job for more than 6 months or so.  

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Apparently.  A lot of the comments were taking shots at the agents for all their praise of Paton even though he hasn't even been in the job for more than 6 months or so.  

That was my first reaction. How do you praise, or even criticize, a GM that has seen none of their decisions on the field?

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Has a chance to last the season. It isn't like Lock is doing anything to supplant him. Either way, Denver either trades for Rodgers or takes an early QB next offseason. 

I think Bridgewater is going to have to show a far greater ability at moving an offense down the field and scoring touchdowns than he ever has in the past. 

The Broncos don’t have Adrian Peterson for the offense to run through and for Bridgewater to play second fiddle behind with simply “dont screw up” as his biggest responsibility. Bridgewater is going to have to throw down field a lot more than he’s been willing to do in the past in order to utilize the playmakers that Denver has put on the field. 

23 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I think most people agree Spielman is good in the draft.

Our first round luck has been pretty cold recently (2016 Treadwell-bust, 2017-Bradford-9 starts and gone, 2018 Hughes-bust and traded away for peanuts, 2019 Bradbury-make or break season, 2020 Jefferson-good, 2020 Gladney-cut for legal issues) but we've made up for it in other rounds.

Hopefully we have a good year this season or Spielman might be on the hook.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think Bridgewater is going to have to show a far greater ability at moving an offense down the field and scoring touchdowns than he ever has in the past. 

The Broncos don’t have Adrian Peterson for the offense to run through and for Bridgewater to play second fiddle behind with simply “dont screw up” as his biggest responsibility. Bridgewater is going to have to throw down field a lot more than he’s been willing to do in the past in order to utilize the playmakers that Denver has put on the field. 

Gordon/Williams/Boone will all help take pressure off Teddy. Their OL is decent too I think.