Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Bud Grant, to me, always looks like he's 25 or 65 or 90. never anywhere inbetween.

in that pic he's forty, but looks 65.

That's what I've always gotten as well.  When he retired, younger than ZImmer was when he was hired, he looked about 70.  But yet he now probably doesn't look much more than about 10-15 years older than that despite it being just shy of 40 years since then.

16 hours ago, viking said:

RIP Jeff Gladney

I can never wish death on anyone, even though I very much disliked him as a person. 

From what I've read, he was speeding, hit a car and crashed, killing himself and a female passenger after the car caught on fire. Not sure if that's confirmed.

The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Tuesday that Cardinals cornerback Jeff Gladney and his girlfriend, Andrea Mercedes Palacios, were the two people killed in an early Monday morning wreck. 

The sheriff’s report, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, indicates Gladney and Palacios were in a vehicle that was “speeding and clipped the second vehicle from behind” on the service road of a Dallas freeway. The speeding vehicle lost control and struck a pier beam just before 2:30 a.m. Monday, overturning into a grassy area. Neither occupant in the second vehicle was injured.

The Vikings, who made Gladney a first-round choice in 2020, expressed condolence:

“We are saddened by the tragic death of former Viking Jeff Gladney. Our hearts go out to his family and friends, as well as the Arizona Cardinals organization and Jeff’s current and former teammates and coaches who are mourning his life lost much too soon.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/31/jeff-gladneys-girlfriend-also-died-in-monday-morning-wreck/