Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Broncos G.M. George Paton is staying with the team. But he will no longer be running the football operation.

Although the Broncos haven’t announced that development, it’s the inescapable conclusion to be gleaned from the comments made Tuesday by Broncos CEO Greg Penner. Paton had been firmly in charge of the football operation in Denver. Moving forward, the new coach will be.

Penner:  “I’ve worked with a lot of great CEOs, and it starts with really strong leadership. That’s going to be the most critical factor here in a head coach. Obviously, the X’s and O’s are important, but we need a strong leader for this organization that’s focused on winning. That starts with culture. It’s instilling a sense of accountability and discipline. We need an identity on offense. At the starting point, it has to be about culture and leadership. Those characteristics are what we’ll be focused on the most.”

Penner wants a “strong leader for this organization.” Penner has “worked with a lot of great CEOs.”

Basically, Penner wants the next coach to be the CEO of the football operation. That used to be Paton. It won’t be, moving forward. It will be the head coach.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/28/new-broncos-coach-apparently-will-run-the-football-operation/

i'm not sure i connect the dots the same way Florio is here, regarding Paton not being in charge.

Ifeadi Odenigbo has officially joined his fifth NFL team in as many seasons after suddenly, and perhaps inexplicably, cut from the Indianapolis Colts this past week. On Tuesday afternoon, the former Vikings starter signed onto the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/former-vikings-starter

42 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Ifeadi Odenigbo has officially joined his fifth NFL team in as many seasons after suddenly, and perhaps inexplicably, cut from the Indianapolis Colts this past week. On Tuesday afternoon, the former Vikings starter signed onto the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/former-vikings-starter

Wish we had brought him back. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Think he might have to wait for Ware unfortunately. Lots of big names this year.

They essentially had the same career. Ware didn’t in get on his first ballot last year, so I’m guessing he’s going to wait like Allen. Maybe they get in together. 

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They essentially had the same career. Ware didn’t in get on his first ballot last year, so I’m guessing he’s going to wait like Allen. Maybe they get in together. 

Ware played for the Cowboys. That's the difference. He'll get the bias boost. 

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Ware played for the Cowboys. That's the difference. He'll get the bias boost. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

There’s really no Cowboys bias with the HOF. The Cowboys have 14 players in the HOF, 15 if you consider Charles Haley a Cowboy. The Vikings have 13. 

Agreed.  The Cowboys have actually been just as screwed as the Vikings often with the HOF.  It's evidenced right now with Darren Woodson, who should have been in a long time ago.  But, I think this will be Jared's year.  Ware will have to wait since Jared was in line first.  

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  The Cowboys have actually been just as screwed as the Vikings often with the HOF.  It's evidenced right now with Darren Woodson, who should have been in a long time ago.  But, I think this will be Jared's year.  Ware will have to wait since Jared was in line first.  

Still feel Allen has been the one waiting for Ware, but maybe they get in together. Freeney is right there too so there’s a bit of a logjam at the position. But I’d take Allen and Ware over Freeney.