Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

There's being fiery and passionate on the sidelines (Brady), and then there's cryptic tweeting, forcing a trade, and trying to walk out of the stadium before your coach has addressed the team and needing to be brought back by another teammate (Diggs). The two are not equivalent. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

There's being fiery and passionate on the sidelines (Brady), and then there's cryptic tweeting, forcing a trade, and trying to walk out of the stadium before your coach has addressed the team and needing to be brought back by another teammate (Diggs). The two are not equivalent. 

Apparently you didn't follow the reporting on the final years of Brady's time in New England...

I think what's happening with Diggs now...which seems so minor, compared to other WR divas...is giving some ammunition for those believing that trading Diggs to Buffalo was the right thing to do.  Retroactive justification??

Look, it all turned out well, because we were able to use one of the draft choices received in the trade on Jefferson.  But what if it hadn't worked out?  What if the Vikings picked another player that hasn't been nearly as productive?  The former front office regime would be crucified for trading Diggs, and being overly sensitive to his behavior!  At least, these are my thoughts this morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Amazing how much someone's tweets grind folks' gears around here 😆

His tweets do not grind my gears, so I don't understand that statement.  All I've said is those tweets certainly played a large part in the perception of him, just as my posts here and of those on Twitter generate others' perceptions of me.  His choice to do so in the manner he did created a negative perception, which will forever follow him (another reason why social media can be destructive) and get reinforced with other negative actions (or the perception of them being negative actions) he takes.  That's just a fact of life...it doesn't grind my gears.  Once he was out of town and off the team, I couldn't care less about him, I don't personally know him.  All I know of him is what he presents about himself...the good and the bad.  Brady has been far more exposed in the public eye than Diggs ever has, so he's had significantly more opportunities to present himself.  That has to be factored in as well. 

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

His tweets do not grind my gears, so I don't understand that statement.  All I've said is those tweets certainly played a large part in the perception of him, just as my posts here and of those on Twitter generate others' perceptions of me.  His choice to do so in the manner he did created a negative perception, which will forever follow him (another reason why social media can be destructive) and get reinforced with other negative actions (or the perception of them being negative actions) he takes.  That's just a fact of life...it doesn't grind my gears.  Once he was out of town and off the team, I couldn't care less about him, I don't personally know him.  All I know of him is what he presents about himself...the good and the bad.  Brady has been far more exposed in the public eye than Diggs ever has, so he's had significantly more opportunities to present himself.  That has to be factored in as well. 

you're not the only person referencing "cryptic tweets" in this thread.

Tom Brady ruined his personal life on multiple occasions, the Alex Guerrero/TB12 situation, Deflategate... But yeah, the rings...

7 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I think what's happening with Diggs now...which seems so minor, compared to other WR divas...is giving some ammunition for those believing that trading Diggs to Buffalo was the right thing to do.  Retroactive justification??

Look, it all turned out well, because we were able to use one of the draft choices received in the trade on Jefferson.  But what if it hadn't worked out?  What if the Vikings picked another player that hasn't been nearly as productive?  The former front office regime would be crucified for trading Diggs, and being overly sensitive to his behavior!  At least, these are my thoughts this morning.

What if they'd kept him and he blew out his knee? You can live in fear, or do stuff. But not doing stuff is no guarantee of anything.