Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

I can't remember what Kendricks was scheduled to earn here, but I assume what he signed for in San Diego is less than whatever he was scheduled to make here. I can only wonder what the Vikings were offering him in terms of pay cut in order to stick around here.  It seems Kendricks did pretty well for himself signing with San Diego.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

I can't remember what Kendricks was scheduled to earn here, but I assume what he signed for in San Diego is less than whatever he was scheduled to make here. I can only wonder what the Vikings were offering him in terms of pay cut in order to stick around here.  It seems Kendricks did pretty well for himself signing with San Diego.

First, he was supposed to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $11M here.

Second, San Diego doesn't have a NFL team anymore.  😉

• Like 1

The Bills have restructured the contract of wide receiver Stefon Diggs, Field Yates of ESPN reports. They converted base salary into a bonus, creating another $5.4 million in cap space.

The Bills converted $6.754 million of Diggs’ 2023 salary into a signing bonus, according to Spotrac.

Diggs’ cap hits now will be $14.8 million in 2023, $27.8 million in 2024, $27.3 million in 2025, $28.4 million in 2026 and $22.5 million in 2027.

Diggs, 29, made 108 receptions for 1,429 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2022, making his third Pro Bowl since arriving to Buffalo in a trade from the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/report-bills-restructure-stefon-diggs-contract-to-create-5-4-million-in-cap-space/

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

he looks to still have a pretty impressive build under that sweatshirt. you?

lol

That would be a big no.  Never had the build he even does now, even as hard as I may try.  And I'm pretty smart, but he's much smarter than I am.    😂

• Like 1

In addition to their regular salaries, NFL players receive performance-based pay bonuses after the season based on a complex formula that includes their base salary and how many plays they were on the field for that season. And in 2022, Eagles safety Marcus Epps cashed in.

Epps earned a performance-based pay bonus of $880,384, the most of any player in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/17/marcus-epps-earns-nfl-high-880384-performance-based-pay-bonus-for-2022/

• Like 1