Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

i had never heard of Randy Moss until he pretty much single handily beat the #1 ranked Univ of Montana Grizzlies in the 1996 Division I-AA Championship.

Moss' stat line from that game...? 9 receptions, 220 yards, 4 TD's. and i'm not sure he broke a sweat.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i had never heard of Randy Moss until he pretty much single handily beat the #1 ranked Univ of Montana Grizzlies in the 1996 Division I-AA Championship.

Moss' stat line from that game...? 9 receptions, 220 yards, 4 TD's. and i'm not sure he broke a sweat.

As the story goes, the Griz coach wrote to Bobby Bowden that year saying that if he hadn’t kicked Moss off the team, they would have both won championships that season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Aw Man!  How classy was this from EK?  He may have lost a step...he may not be suited for the 3-4 defense...but he WAS, and always will be, an effective leader for whatever team or organization he's associated with.  He was fun to watch as he flew all over the field making tackles.  He was the ringmaster of the "Circus!"  His presence will be missed.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday to the great Randall Cunningham who turned 60 today! He was with the Vikings for three seasons including 1998 (Moss’s Rookie season) where he put together one of the greatest seasons for a QB in team history going 13-1 with 34 TDs and 3,704 yards, while starting only 14 games. He finished second in voting for MVP and OPOY that season behind only Terrell Davis who managed over 2,000 yards rushing for the Broncos.

Bleedingpurple.com

24 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

In today's game, Cunningham would've won MVP.

Davis would probably need 2,500 yards rushing, 1000 receiving, 15+ TDs and multiple of those Touchdowns being comebacks to win the game.

MVP is 99% a QB award anymore.

I know it will NEVER happen, but I would love for an offensive lineman to even receive consideration for MVP!!!

• Like 3