Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Kevin Stefanski could be on the ‘hot seat,’ according to Bleacher Report. Alex Kay nominated six head coaches for the naughty distinction, and Stefanski made the cut.

“It’s time for Kevin Stefanski to prove his value to the Cleveland Browns. The coach has been with the club since 2020 but hasn’t had a winning season since his first year. While that inaugural campaign was a special one—resulting in Cleveland’s best record since it returned to the league in 1999 and its first postseason berth since 2002—the Browns have regressed in each of the last two years."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/allegedly-on-hot?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kevin Stefanski could be on the ‘hot seat,’ according to Bleacher Report. Alex Kay nominated six head coaches for the naughty distinction, and Stefanski made the cut.

“It’s time for Kevin Stefanski to prove his value to the Cleveland Browns. The coach has been with the club since 2020 but hasn’t had a winning season since his first year. While that inaugural campaign was a special one—resulting in Cleveland’s best record since it returned to the league in 1999 and its first postseason berth since 2002—the Browns have regressed in each of the last two years."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/allegedly-on-hot?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

He had better hope the Predator can still play QB or else he won't be able to massage enough wins out of that team to keep his job. There won't be any happy endings for anyone with Watson's perverse contract.

• Like 1

When Leslie Frazier stepped down as the Bills’ defensive coordinator earlier this year, word was that he planned to return to coaching in 2024 and he would like that return to coaching to be in a different role.

Frazier attended the “Coach Accelerator” program at last week’s league meetings, which allowed him and other coaches to spend time with the team owners who will be making hiring decisions down the line. Frazier told Albert Breer of SI.com that it “was really a good environment to say hello and let your hair down and just talk” and that he hopes to be having more conversations about head coaching jobs in early 2024.

Frazier: “Hopefully, an owner will give me a chance to talk to him about an opportunity.  If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good. My goal is to be a head coach. I know I don’t have much time left, I’m at an age where it seems like owners are going younger and younger, but I think I have some things I can bring to the table. We’ll see what happens.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/leslie-frazier-hopefully-ill-have-a-chance-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs-in-2024/

maybe Les and AD can start up a club together of the guys who are out there if anyone needs us, ya know...

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

When Leslie Frazier stepped down as the Bills’ defensive coordinator earlier this year, word was that he planned to return to coaching in 2024 and he would like that return to coaching to be in a different role.

Frazier attended the “Coach Accelerator” program at last week’s league meetings, which allowed him and other coaches to spend time with the team owners who will be making hiring decisions down the line. Frazier told Albert Breer of SI.com that it “was really a good environment to say hello and let your hair down and just talk” and that he hopes to be having more conversations about head coaching jobs in early 2024.

Frazier: “Hopefully, an owner will give me a chance to talk to him about an opportunity.  If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good. My goal is to be a head coach. I know I don’t have much time left, I’m at an age where it seems like owners are going younger and younger, but I think I have some things I can bring to the table. We’ll see what happens.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/leslie-frazier-hopefully-ill-have-a-chance-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs-in-2024/

maybe Les and AD can start up a club together of the guys who are out there if anyone needs us, ya know...

I’m not really sure how being away from the game for the 2023 season is going to get him noticed for a possible HC job next year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Didn’t even make it to training camp 

That's kinda crazy.  I'd have to think someone will give him a shot, since he still has talent and everyone needs corners.  Seattle would be a good place for him. 

When the Broncos unexpectedly cut Brandon McManus on May 23, the veteran kicker immediately had interest in the Jaguars. McManus’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, called Jaguars General Manager Trent Baalke.

McManus called Jacksonville special teams coach Heath Farwell, who McManus met before pregame warmups in London when the Broncos played the Jaguars. It was one of at least six teams McManus said he called.

Farwell: “Brandon reached out to me, so he’s a guy who wanted to play here. I think that just kind of gives you a picture of where the culture has gone. We have players who are free agents after getting released saying ‘Hey coach, I would love to play here.’"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/after-being-cut-brandon-mcmanus-called-jaguars-assistant-to-express-interest-in-playing-there/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

From the outside looking in, it seems like there’s an attitude/personality issue with Dantzler. From his social media posts, etc it appears that he blames everyone else for his shortcomings and doesn’t take well to critical coaching. 

That's unfortunate.  If true, hopefully, he'll realize it before it's too late...he's not Marcus Peters (who also happens to be a free agent), so he can't get away with that kind of attitude. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

With the NFL draft in the rearview mirror and the opening of training camps still two months away, there are several intriguing veterans available on the free agent market. 

Let's find ideal landing spots for 10 veterans and three more players who requested trades over the past two months.

Teddy Bridgewater, QB

Best team fit: Detroit Lions

I see a void behind Jared Goff in Detroit, which should add a proven, veteran signal-caller. Bridgewater can be a high-level No. 2 and fit the Lions' play-action heavy pass game. He's a rhythm thrower with the movement skills to get on the edges in this offense's boot schemes, too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/37729118/best-nfl-team-fits-remaining-free-agents-trade-candidates-bridgewater-hopkins-elliott