Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

12 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

The difference in draft chart value points for the picks exchanged (about 10 points = late 6th rd pick, depending on which 6th rd pick Oakland returned) implies CP has little value, or the Raiders got burned on the deal.  Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

implies CP has little value, or the Raiders got burned on the deal

I do not think that the Raiders got burned on the deal nor do I think that Patterson has little value; he has value as a special teams player.

The problem is Patterson's current contract. He isn't worth that contract so he has little value on that contract. This is why I was not upset that the team did not bring Patterson back even though he has value on special teams. When he was going into free agency after his rookie contract expired I put his value at about $2.5M. That is certainly not a little value and I still think he is worth $2.5M per year. It is hard to get anything for overpaid players.

31 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Best of luck to Jarius with Carolina (except when playing us). Showed up and did his job without complaining. 

Yep.  Wright is professional in the best sense of the word!