Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He was one of my favorite players in my childhood.  My earliest recollections of Vikings fan-dom were of him being the Chad Greenway before Chad Greenway was Chad Greenway.  

from the Univ of Illinois, my alma mater, where he is second in career tackles to...

D*ck Butkus.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

He was one of my favorite players in my childhood.  My earliest recollections of Vikings fan-dom were of him being the Chad Greenway before Chad Greenway was Chad Greenway.  

Same. I remember being a kid thinking Studwell was the coolest last name ever.

Studwell played great football for some pretty mediocre Vikings squads.  His loyalty to the franchise is a rare virtue in todays professional sports.

Robison ended his career tied for ninth place in team history with 60 sacks. His 173 games played ranks third among defensive ends in Vikings history.

The Vikings selected Robison in the 2007 draft. He missed only three games in 11 seasons, with a streak of 73 consecutive regular-season games played from 2012-17.

Robison played in two NFC Championship Games.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/24/brian-robison-signs-one-day-deal-with-vikings-retires/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

This was one of the best productions of a retirement video I've seen. I was a freshman in high school when they drafted B-Rob and I'll always appreciate him and his career. I remember his first game against the Falcons in 07 like it was yesterday. 

• Like 4

The Steelers announced that they have waived tight end Bucky Hodges.

Hodges was a sixth-round pick by the Vikings in 2017, but he was waived with an injury designation in September of his rookie season. He spent time on Carolina’s practice squad and was with the Jets last offseason before being released ahead of camp. He moved on to the Steelers and spent last season on their practice squad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/25/steelers-waive-bucky-hodges/