Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

On 6/24/2020 at 7:18 AM, vike daddy said:

Running back Adrian Peterson, who entered the league in 2007 as a first-round pick of the Vikings, told TMZ that he hopes to play through 2023.

“Man, why not four more years?” Peterson said. “Why not? I don’t want to ever be in a position where I look back and say, ‘Man, I should have played two more years, I should of played another year.’ I want to enjoy it. I’m still chasing a championship. You know, I can still play the game at a high level.”

Peterson has 14,216 career rushing yards, 4,139 behind Emmitt Smith for the all-time record. And so Peterson needs to average 1,035 yards per year to catch Emmitt. Don’t bet against him. Peterson rushed for 898 yards in 2019, and 1,042 in 2018. Besides, if he’s close after 2023, maybe he’ll come back for one more season.

That said, he’s now 35 years old. The biggest challenge will be to find a team that will give him a chance to be on the team and to get sufficient opportunities to run the ball in 2021, 2022, and 2023.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/24/adrian-peterson-hopes-to-play-through-2023/

I’m pulling for Peterson but I can’t imagine there will be many more opportunities for him with how the league has changed the past decade. Just seems he’s not helping his legacy much playing for a bad team and not being nearly as productive at his peak. But I understand he’s got to get his personal financials in a better spot. 

The league has changed but the team he's playing for has not.  There will be ample opportunities for him to run the ball and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get close to 1000 yards again this season.  There's no one else running for Washington that is truly going to threaten him.  He's likely still better than Guice, Barber, Love or any other one on that roster.

• 2 weeks later...

Randall Cunningham never played for the Raiders during his time as an NFL quarterback, but he has joined the organization ahead of their first season in Las Vegas. Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com reports that Cunningham will be the team’s chaplain. Cunningham went to UNLV and became a minister in the city after his playing career came to an end.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/10/randall-cunningham-joins-raiders-as-their-team-chaplain/