Calais Campbell NOT voted DPOY

pwny

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

Coach of the year, offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year all went to one team that got their teeth kicked in in the Wild Card round.

Ok

Well the 1st 2 i really wasnt that surprised about. Gurley was incredible this year and what McVay did for Goff was huge. Obviously we wanted Marrone to win but the only gripe we should have is with DPOY 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Well the 1st 2 i really wasnt that surprised about. Gurley was incredible this year and what McVay did for Goff was huge. Obviously we wanted Marrone to win but the only gripe we should have is with DPOY 

Nah, I’m not arguing that Marrone should have won. He was top 5, not #1. But it’s pretty obvious big city bias won Los Angeles three awards they only should have maybe won one, while also screwing two smaller cities out of awards.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yeah.  I don't really have a problem with McVay or even Gurley.  Donald definitely bugs me though.

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Nah, I’m not arguing that Marrone should have won. He was top 5, not #1. But it’s pretty obvious big city bias won Los Angeles three awards they only should have maybe won one, while also screwing two smaller cities out of awards.

Wonder if they are trying to make LA look good so this team won't flame out too...conspiracy theories?

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wonder if they are trying to make LA look good so this team won't flame out too...conspiracy theories?

I think you can safely put that tinfoil hat away.  It's not some grand conspiracy to flatter the Rams or whatever.

It's just as simple as having that team constantly in the spotlight, constantly in the chatter dominating NFL television coverage, etc.  I mean...Calais was always fighting an uphill battle playing for a team that had most games buried in an early time slot with tons of competition, and didn't even get a primetime game.  Exposure and Hype > Actual Football Play when it comes to these sort of awards.

Archived