Urlacher is a 1st ballot HOF

AZBearsFan

4 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

This doesn’t make up for the Bears losing SB XLI, but it’s a nice consolation prize.

Also Ray Lewis’ speech is going to be like two hours long and completely insane.

TO, Ray Lewis, and Randy Moss. Gonna be some ridiculous speeches all around that night

7 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

TO, Ray Lewis, and Randy Moss. Gonna be some ridiculous speeches all around that night

Oh definitely. I expect diva speeches from Moss and TO. I think Moss will give a pretty emotional speech just knowing a little about his background and how he grew up. But I fully expect Ray Lewis’s speech to be totally nuts and for him to go off on a ridiculous number of tangents. They’re going to have to put him on last. Strahan’s speech was 45 minutes and I’ll bet Lewis pushes an hour.

• 1 month later...

I was glad to hear Urlacher was selected first ballot.  It was a well deserved honor.  As a fan of a division rival team that had to face him twice a year, I think he is criminally underrated on this board.  He is one of the best ever - even better than Singletary, IMHO.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to share some thoughts after attending Urlacher’s induction yesterday.

First off, I was at Richard Dent’s induction in 2011. The stadium and grounds renovations since then are fantastic. The revised layout and improvements to Tom Benson Stadium really made it a great event to attend.

It looked like the Urlacher was 3rd in fan representation. #1 was pretty close between Eagles and Ravens.

Awesome speech by Urlacher. Obviously it felt a little more scripted than some of the others, but he’s not one for public speaking. Very classy, and I thought it was a great representation of how he was as a player, never wanting to hype up himself.

Huge pop in the stadium for Tillman when he was named by Urlacher. It didn’t sound as apparent on the NFL Network feed.

Compared to Dent’s ceremony, I felt like players and coaches were way more accessible this time. Saw Dabo Swinney and a lot of the Clemson staff pretty close by. David Baker was greeting fans in the concourse. George McCaskey was on the field level in the back rather than in the VIP section, and at one point went into the stands to talk to fans. I brushed right past a few other Bears on the way out: Briggs, Ron Rivera, Greg Olsen, and Lovie.

All in all it was a great experience. I can’t wait to go back one day when’s Hester makes it in.

Honestly my favorite funny moment of any Bears player was Urlacher. Running had, busted Toeina and rolled over on his back. "My bad Toe, my bad."

OL on the other team "You just knock the s**t out of your own player?!?!"

Urlacher - "Yeah, I did. On accident."

Like a little kid who felt bad. lol

On 8/5/2018 at 10:28 PM, Sugashane said:

Honestly my favorite funny moment of any Bears player was Urlacher. Running had, busted Toeina and rolled over on his back. "My bad Toe, my bad."

OL on the other team "You just knock the s**t out of your own player?!?!"

Urlacher - "Yeah, I did. On accident."

Like a little kid who felt bad. lol

I remember that! Redskins/Bears xD

Archived