4 Round Mock Offseason - *Updated 2/15*

Rich7sena

I'm not really opposed to the moves you made for the Lions, it leaves the overall picture pretty blank but in this part the Lions let Ansah walk and then pound the DL with all their biggest guns. I guess I could see that. What I can't see is the trade for Talib, it just isn't the kind of thing the Lions do. They would just as likely keep the 3rd rounder and pick a CB with it, say Donte Jackson, MJ Stewart, Quenton Meeks, etc.

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

For the jets:

FA is underwhelming with $100m in cap space after the cuts. 

I like addressing qb in the first round but wouldn’t trade up unless it was for Rosen. I wouldn’t want Allen at 6 never mind trading up for him. 

43 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I'd be tight if this was the Jets offseason, Baker over Allen all day and we're gonna nab atleast 1 big name free agent primarily a CB or OL(C/G)

Based on interactions from previous mock drafts, Rich thinks Ross Cockrell is a good cornerback.  No idea why, but just understand when you complain that he didn't give the Jets a good cornerback, his intention was to do so. 

Not a big fan of the Bengals draft.  Unfortunately, the free agency story is probably spot on.

McGlinchey fills a need, but I prefer Brown in that scenario.  But we agree on the position if Edmunds and Roquan are off the board.  In the second, Okoronkwo sorta fills a need, but we have Lawson already in that role.  Feels redundant.  Phillips is a solid choice.  But we have to address center just as much as tackle.  I'd go with Daniels, Ragnow and even Cole with the earlier 2nd rounder and their top remaining MLB/SAM with the other pick.  We will be taking a QB, assuming we lose McCarron to the arbitration hearing/UFA or in a trade if he is deemed a RFA.  But I don't see them pulling the trigger that early.  I'd think they would look a bit later after filling the biggest needs, assuming we stay our usual passive selves in free agency.  If we go for a QB any earlier than the fifth, I would think it would be in the first if they are looking for Dalton's heir apparent, but I seriously doubt that, with Marvin coming back for two more years.

I don't think Adam Jones is going anywhere barring a major off the field incident.  Mike Brown loves the guy, he's our best punt returner, and probably still our second or 3rd best CB.

I wouldn't be opposed to cutting Lafell if it's to bring in an upgrade FA WR.  The Bengals have some young, talented WRs, but no one who has proven to be a consistent, reliable #2.

I could see them drafting a QB to replace AJM, but I don't know if it would be in 3.  

It won't be a guarantee by any stretch, but the Brown acquired an extra FIRST back in 2014 from the Bills to move from 4 down to 9. If they move down to 11, I think that they get that as well. If they end up with Darnold, that's a win in my book, and Fitzpatrick is another nice get, especially if they move down and still get him. 

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It won't be a guarantee by any stretch, but the Brown acquired an extra FIRST back in 2014 from the Bills to move from 4 down to 9. If they move down to 11, I think that they get that as well. If they end up with Darnold, that's a win in my book, and Fitzpatrick is another nice get, especially if they move down and still get him. 

I think Rosen, Darnold and Allen go in the top 5-7 picks.  I see teams trading up to get a shot at them.  Someone could fall in love with Jackson or Mayfield and move up to get them.

For Cleveland: o.O Why are we signing Fuller and Boston then taking Fitz and Averett? Why do we need 3 more safeties when we have Peppers and Kindred already? If Fitz is going to play CB then he is a waste at #4. Also who is going to be our QB? Darnold is a great pick but he is far from pro-ready. AND we have all seen enough of Kizer to know he shouldn't be starting. I like Ridley and Chubb in the 2nd round though!!!! 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived