4 Round Mock Offseason - *Updated 2/15*

Rich7sena

Very nicely done. only2 problems for the lions is trading a 3rd for Talib, don't think it would take that much to get him esp with his huge contract #.maybe a 6th or something instead. and I'm not sure how I feel about Hyde signing. he just feels like AA, id rather go Crowell . but super job over all with all the teams.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, JMG5 said:

This is about as bad of an off-season as I could imagine for the Saints. I really hope this doesn't happen.

We lose Okafor who at worst provides us with depth at a position of need and at best is a solid starter for us opposite of Cameron Jordan. We don't add any talent to the defensive front, which is a huge weakness for our defense. We take a QB who doesn't fit the system and who could easily be a bust and probably isnt worth a 1st round pick. Not only that, but even in the 3rd round we don't address any of our needs on defense. We instead opt to take another offensive player, once again ignoring need. We sign a TE in free agency who can't stay on the field. The only positive is that we replaced Kenny Vaccaro with Eric Reid. I think that is an upgrade, but still isn't a need.

LB, DT/DE, TE are the major needs for the Saints.

I agree here. 

So, basically you're swapping TEs (Fleener/Eifert) and saving some cap space. No real value here considering Eifert is a walking IR guy. Losing Okafor is a blow (see @JMG5's comment). Reid is/would be solid but not needed at all. I actually LOLd at the 11st and 3rd round choices here. Yes, lol IS a verb here. Not only can these positions be addressed in FA/later rounds but they arguably are not needed either.

Props to the effort and time used to creat this and presentation is visually pleasing.... grade B+.  As for the draft... grade F+.

No No No No No!!!! For the Cardinals. Giving up 2 picks for Lamar Jackson and signing Tyrod Taylor!!! Jackson would be better served switching to wide receiver. He is an amazing athlete but his accuracy issues and inability to read through his progressions make me doubt he will ever be an nfl caliber QB

I like the update better than the 1st one as i think getting Poe back and adding Taven to the D-line would be a huge addition for us.   Kirk in the 2nd round is a good value pick and a nice addition as well.   Still not a huge thomas fan at TE but another TE to pair with hooper to give us some solid 2 Te sets isn't a bad thing.  He honestly might turn out better than the TE's i like over him.  So no reason to complain about targeting a TE thats fair value. 

Pugh in FA is a massive get for us and fixes our O-line for a strong run the next few years under ryans last contract and years probably.  It gives us out best chance at a SB going forward. Very happy with this pickup and i hope it happens in the real FA as well.

All in all you hit 5 of our 7 biggest needs targeted the #1 need in resigning Poe and drafting Bryan #1 at NT/DT/DE  then fixing our #2 need with one of the better talent OG's in FA in Pugh.    Then hit our play making problems on offense with another WR and TE to replace and upgrade some of our losses.    I would consider this a A quality draft and a massive upgrade for the Falcons this coming season at a run to the SB.    With the 4th to 7th round picks and maybe 1 more FA we can look at a RB, DB depth, and LB Depth.

11 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

No No No No No!!!! For the Cardinals. Giving up 2 picks for Lamar Jackson and signing Tyrod Taylor!!! Jackson would be better served switching to wide receiver. He is an amazing athlete but his accuracy issues and inability to read through his progressions make me doubt he will ever be an nfl caliber QB

You may not like the player, but Mike McCoy is great at formulating an offensive system to cater to his quarterback's strengths. Jackson is a unique talent who was exposed to a lot of pro-style concepts at Louisville. Whatever he lacks as a passer he largely makes up as a runner. I think your criticisms of Jackson are too harsh and don't actually reflect his ability as a player.

6 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Why would the Patriots cut Patrick Chung?

We've seen Bill Belichick jettison players he perceives as being on the decline before. Chung's role as a nickel backer might be better suited for a younger player. The Patriots would save $1,200,000 if they cut him loose.

5 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

I see not a single thing good about this for the Browns.  IMO the entire idea of all that movement down is misguided

What players do you think the Browns wouldn't be inclined to pass up if they're there at 4 or 33?

not bad for the jags but it could be better.  i dont think jags will go use a 2nd on a Nickle Corner. probably could get a solid guy in round 4. we should hit TE/QB in round 2 and 3.  gotta have a QB of the future or atleast a Backup QB.

Also i dont really see the jags going after avril because he isnt an Upgrade over Yannick Ngakoue not mention hes coming off a neck injury and his coach doesnt seem to think he will play again.  id like to see us maybe sign a Starting OL or TE or just even resigning Colvin depending on the cost. 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:55 PM, Rich7sena said:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

FREE AGENCY

DRAFT

CUTS:

• Joe Haden

RE-SIGN:

• N/A

TRADE:

• N/A

SIGN:

• Dion Lewis

1.28 - Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

2.60 - Darius Leonard, LB, SC State

3.92 - JC Jackson, DB, Maryland

I praised you for not taking a QB for the steelers and you turn around and then take one in the update.  The Steelers are not drafting a QB in the draft!!!!!!  I expect they will announce an extension for Rothlesburger before March.  They are not cutting Haden  They will likely cut Vance McDonald.  My guess is they resign him at a cheaper price.

The way your draft falls, give them Key in the 1st.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

You may not like the player, but Mike McCoy is great at formulating an offensive system to cater to his quarterback's strengths. Jackson is a unique talent who was exposed to a lot of pro-style concepts at Louisville. Whatever he lacks as a passer he largely makes up as a runner. I think your criticisms of Jackson are too harsh and don't actually reflect his ability as a player.

We've seen Bill Belichick jettison players he perceives as being on the decline before. Chung's role as a nickel backer might be better suited for a younger player. The Patriots would save $1,200,000 if they cut him loose.

What players do you think the Browns wouldn't be inclined to pass up if they're there at 4 or 33?

Mike McCoy got an 8-8 season out of Tim Tebow and a playoff win. Tebow’s last game in Denver. The Broncos were wise enough to know that was not a long term recipe for success. Jackson is simply a faster version and may not be as good a passer. If you like him that much draft him to your team. I hope the Cardinals brass is smart enough not to go that direction. 

Archived