4 Round Mock Offseason - *Updated 2/15*

Rich7sena

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nice trade up for Josh Allen at 10 and Roquan Smith would be a dream get at 22.

I like resigning EJ Gaines as well. Nick Fairley is very meh

Considering he will probably never play football again due to a heart condition, I'd say that's a bit worse than 'meh'.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:18 PM, Bobby816 said:

Don't like this Jets off season at all. No thank you to Bradford and with 110mill in cap space we address pretty much nothing in FA. Jets will be huge players in FA this year. They don't have a choice but to.

I don't see how this assessment is accurate. I this mock, the Jets sign a total of 8 players. Is cornerback not a need? Is pass rusher not a need? Is quarterback not a need?

I just noticed Roquan Smith is going at 22.   Dude i would offer our 1st and 3rd EASILY to go get Smith at 21 or 22 over the TE and WR we picked up and it's not even close.   Those 2 players aren't half the skill level or talent Smith is and we could def use a upgrade at LB to pair him with Jones and Cambpell.    Im not even a UGA fan but do you realise the amount of jerseys that would be sold in this state if he became a Falcon he is a national icon to most UGA fans around here xD    Even though im a fSU fan i still realize his real talent though after watching him most of his college career still living in georgia.

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't see how this assessment is accurate. I this mock, the Jets sign a total of 8 players. Is cornerback not a need? Is pass rusher not a need? Is quarterback not a need?

Not 1 difference maker. Those guys you have us signing will put like a 60mill dent in our 110mill in cap space. The Jets literally HAVE to be bigger players in FA than what you have.

I would hope Miami would not mortgage that many picks for any of these QBs.  I like Mayfield but Miami isn't that far away.  Tannehill needs one more year.  Staying at 11 means they will get either Smith, Edmunds, Nelson or Fitzpatrick most likely.  All of them would be day 1 starters.

If Landry walks, I could see Miami signing Bridgewater to a similar deal they gave Cutler.  Kick the tires on him for a year and then make a decision this time next season.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, Bobby816 said:
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, Rich7sena said:

Not 1 difference maker. Those guys you have us signing will put like a 60mill dent in our 110mill in cap space. The Jets literally HAVE to be bigger players in FA than what you have.

Looks to be Cousins to fill that $$$

On 2/18/2018 at 8:12 PM, FalconFan13 said:

I just noticed Roquan Smith is going at 22.   Dude i would offer our 1st and 3rd EASILY to go get Smith at 21 or 22 over the TE and WR we picked up and it's not even close.   Those 2 players aren't half the skill level or talent Smith is and we could def use a upgrade at LB to pair him with Jones and Cambpell.    Im not even a UGA fan but do you realise the amount of jerseys that would be sold in this state if he became a Falcon he is a national icon to most UGA fans around here xD    Even though im a fSU fan i still realize his real talent though after watching him most of his college career still living in georgia.

I've noticed this sentiment a couple times from Falcons fans and I don't quite get it. Don't the Falcons normally field 2 linebackers the vast majority of naps like most teams? I figure a nickel front of: McKinney - Poe - Jarrett - Beasley - Jones - Campbell wouldn't warrant a first round pick.

I'm also not nearly as high on Smith as others and I've been doing this long enough to know linebackers (and safeties) tend to go much lower than anticipated.

On 2/18/2018 at 8:29 PM, Bobby816 said:

Not all free agents are represented. And just because the Jets have money doesn't mean top tier players will want to sign there. One thing I've learned over the past few years is the biggest players in FA tend to be highly attractive destinations as much as having the available cap space. I expect Houston, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis to be the big "winners" when it comes to the offseason. That said, I still disagree that the Jets' haul is something to sneeze at.

20 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If you want to give the eagles a secondary guy make it a safety. Our depth there is lacking.  We have a bunch of young corners. 

I like bringing  Nigel back.I like the trade down.  Also would be happy with the other 3 picks. 

Noted. What are your thoughts on moving on from Vinny Curry? Eagles fans were telling me it's a given on the last thread.

10 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I would hope Miami would not mortgage that many picks for any of these QBs.  I like Mayfield but Miami isn't that far away.  Tannehill needs one more year.  Staying at 11 means they will get either Smith, Edmunds, Nelson or Fitzpatrick most likely.  All of them would be day 1 starters.

If Landry walks, I could see Miami signing Bridgewater to a similar deal they gave Cutler.  Kick the tires on him for a year and then make a decision this time next season.

I could see Gase going after a player he believes in similar to how Pederson went after Wentz. Mayfield has a lot of Cutler qualities in him but is more refined and natural as a passer.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I love the overall thought put into each move and your presentation is on point. I think a vast majority of your moves make sense. Good job. Keep working at this stuff.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Noted. What are your thoughts on moving on from Vinny Curry? Eagles fans were telling me it's a given on the last thread.

We'll see what happens with curry and graham this off season. Graham wants the eagles to pay him more and the eagles want to probably pay curry less. So how that shakes out could affect our needs. I could see Curry leaving but the guy is a lifelong eagles fan so I could also see him restructuring to benefit the team. 

I've noticed this sentiment a couple times from Falcons fans and I don't quite get it. Don't the Falcons normally field 2 linebackers the vast majority of naps like most teams? I figure a nickel front of: McKinney - Poe - Jarrett - Beasley - Jones - Campbell wouldn't warrant a first round pick.

I'm also not nearly as high on Smith as others and I've been doing this long enough to know linebackers (and safeties) tend to go much lower than anticipated.

The fact is we are about 40% in 4/3/4 base  5 0% 4/2/5 nickle and  10% nascar package

The Base package consists of  DE/UT/NT/DE   With SLb lining up closer to the line to help defend and rush normally Campbell  while the WLB and MLb are coverage guys and up the middle run defenders.

The Nickle package for us is  DE/DT/DT/DE  Poe comes out sometimes in this package for a faster DT but he stays in at times as well since he can pass rush for a big guy.
The difference here is we pull the SLB which would be campbell over to WLB since our WLB isn't that impressive and remove the SLb position from the play to add in an extra CB normally Poole.   So if we actually upgraded the WLB positon or MLB allowing Debo to move over or even adding Smith to WLB that means Campbell can be depth for injury on those plays and don't have to play out of position.  We drafted Duke Riley to hopefully keep that from happening but Duke wasn't good at all there and Smith is a much better player than Duke is. 

So Smith and Debo on the field together for the majority of our defenses would be ideal as both of them would play i would say 80% to 95% of the snaps in both schemes and maybe even up to 100% if both players fit into the nascar package as well.

Smith's best chance to succeed in the nfl imo is in a scheme like we run where he can run sideline to sideline with his athletic ability and instinct attacking the ball if they put him in a scheme where he will have to fight lineman all day long he won't do anywhere near as well imo.  I hope this helped explain a little bit of how we run our defense as it's sorta basic but it lets the players play fast and attack whats in front of them instead of having to overthink. 

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The fact is we are about 40% in 4/3/4 base  5 0% 4/2/5 nickle and  10% nascar package

The Base package consists of  DE/UT/NT/DE   With SLb lining up closer to the line to help defend and rush normally Campbell  while the WLB and MLb are coverage guys and up the middle run defenders.

The Nickle package for us is  DE/DT/DT/DE  Poe comes out sometimes in this package for a faster DT but he stays in at times as well since he can pass rush for a big guy.
The difference here is we pull the SLB which would be campbell over to WLB since our WLB isn't that impressive and remove the SLb position from the play to add in an extra CB normally Poole.   So if we actually upgraded the WLB positon or MLB allowing Debo to move over or even adding Smith to WLB that means Campbell can be depth for injury on those plays and don't have to play out of position.  We drafted Duke Riley to hopefully keep that from happening but Duke wasn't good at all there and Smith is a much better player than Duke is. 

So Smith and Debo on the field together for the majority of our defenses would be ideal as both of them would play i would say 80% to 95% of the snaps in both schemes and maybe even up to 100% if both players fit into the nascar package as well.

Smith's best chance to succeed in the nfl imo is in a scheme like we run where he can run sideline to sideline with his athletic ability and instinct attacking the ball if they put him in a scheme where he will have to fight lineman all day long he won't do anywhere near as well imo.  I hope this helped explain a little bit of how we run our defense as it's sorta basic but it lets the players play fast and attack whats in front of them instead of having to overthink. 

I question whether Smith is appreciably better enough than Campbell in nickel to warrant a 1st round pick, let alone a trade up in the 1st round. Campbell is an exceptional athlete at the position and offers a lot on coverage from what I understand. Taking him off the field on passing downs seems counter-productive.

Archived