Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Klomp

Straight Canton, homie!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it might be fair to say Moss was the most skilled WR in NFL history, maybe even the most naturally talented.

but Rice was the more prolific and dependable.

Moss was the catalyst for not one, but two of the highest scoring offenses of all time (1998 Vikings, 2007 Patriots).  Jerry Rice was drafted by a team that went 15-1 and won the Super Bowl the year before he even got there.  I give Rice credit for playing as long as he did, but he was extremely fortunate to have played in the situations with the players he did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet Moss was never able to elevate his team enough to win the Super Bowl. 

Talented, yes, Moss was the most talented wide receiver, but talent doesn’t equal greatness. Rice’s production, longevity, and results are what make him the greatest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it might be fair to say Moss was the most skilled WR in NFL history, maybe even the most naturally talented.

but Rice was the more prolific and dependable.

Moss was the best, Rice was the greatest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yet Moss was never able to elevate his team enough to win the Super Bowl. 

Talented, yes, Moss was the most talented wide receiver, but talent doesn’t equal greatness. Rice’s production, longevity, and results are what make him the greatest. 

Rice didn't need to elevate his team enough to win the Super Bowl.  They were already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homey - comfortably informal and inviting; cozy; homelike.

 

Homie - Someone, particularly a friend or male acquaintance, from one's hometown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Homey - comfortably informal and inviting; cozy; homelike.

 

Homie - Someone, particularly a friend or male acquaintance, from one's hometown.

Well, maybe OP was implying that canton is cozy and comfortable and is Moss' new home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time someone tries to qualify Moss as the greatest, they offer excuses as to why he didn’t match Rice (ie he didn’t play with great QBs). 

If you need excuses to try and qualify someone as the greatest, then they aren’t the greatest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 1:04 AM, Freakish Mind said:

Going to get my tickets in the next few weeks for the hall of fame enshrinement.   Hoping that the Vikings will be one of the teams in the HOF game next season.   

I hope not.  I'm not fond of playing an extra preseason game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Moss was the best, Rice was the greatest.

 

Moss was neither the best or the greatest.  He is arguably #2 or #3, but he's not anywhere near #1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I hope not.  I'm not fond of playing an extra preseason game.  

With a new OC, I’d very much like to have an extra preseason game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With a new OC, I’d very much like to have an extra preseason game. 

They basically had a new OC this year and it didn't matter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, vike daddy said:

it might be fair to say Moss was the most skilled WR in NFL history, maybe even the most naturally talented.

but Rice was the more prolific and dependable.

Moss could've re-written the record books.  In many ways, I will always think of Randy as bit of a disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Moss could've re-written the record books.  In many ways, I will always think of Randy as bit of a disappointment.

That is exactly my sentiment.  For me, it'll always be what coulda been.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×