Straight Canton, homie!

Klomp

After being elected to the hall of fame in February, Moss said he wished he could have played his entire career in Minnesota.

Moss: “I think for me to be able to put a jacket on just speaks about the journey and the people that helped me get along, the people that helped me get there along the way, and also the people that I’ve touched. I wanted to retire here and raise my family, I hold a special place in my heart for the Vikings.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/01/wr-randy-moss-enters-hall-of-fame-with-special-place-in-my-heart-for-vikings/

If the Wilfs had owned the team when Moss was drafted, he would have been there the entire time.  (But, then again, they might never have drafted him).  Unfortunately, Red sold him off before he sold the team off.  That should never have happened.  

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If the Wilfs had owned the team when Moss was drafted, he would have been there the entire time.  (But, then again, they might never have drafted him).  Unfortunately, Red sold him off before he sold the team off.  That should never have happened.  

I’m still surprised the league allowed it. 

Moss:  “I get to put on a gold jacket regardless of the stuff that was written, the things that were said about me throughout my whole career. And the thing about it is, it brainwashed a whole lot of football fans out in the world. I think it was very unfair to me. I think it was unfair to my family. Being able to look back and reflect back, man, I wouldn’t change it. I just wanted to play football. Now that I look back and reflect back and seeing all these cameras and all these positive stories written about me, it’s still not fair and I’m still not pleased with it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/randy-moss-believes-he-could-still-play/

I can't help me think of what Moss would have become if he had someone like Zimmer coaching him after Denny.

Tice seemed like a coach who was worried about being a "players' coach" and being buddy-buddy with his players. It seemed Randy ran rough shot over him (as did the rest of the team) and then Red sold him off to Oakland for Napoleon Harris and what would become the WOAT bust WR in franchise history (?).

I think Zimmer would have been amazing for Moss' career.

3 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I can't help me think of what Moss would have become if he had someone like Zimmer coaching him after Denny.

Tice seemed like a coach who was worried about being a "players' coach" and being buddy-buddy with his players. It seemed Randy ran rough shot over him (as did the rest of the team) and then Red sold him off to Oakland for Napoleon Harris and what would become the WOAT bust WR in franchise history (?).

I think Zimmer would have been amazing for Moss' career.

Just think if he had better QBs here too....

Marshall was soooooo good, my favorite defensive player from back then. he was overshadowed by Eller and Page at the time, but was a force to be reckoned with. he was one of the first defensive ends who relied on speed and athleticism instead of bull force. very instinctive, very intelligent too.

in many ways, a Jared Allen type player.

I personally think the thing that has kept Marshall out of the HOF all these years has been the low profile he kept when playing and after he retired.  EVERY year you heard about Kramer...and from Kramer. Not so with Jim.  It's time for him to join Page and Eller in the HOF!

Archived