This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 10/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

We still have issues in zone coverage, but if we can get the whole group healthy we should be able to go back to man coverage and not have guys totally exposed.

Correct - and what a luxury that would be eh? Seems we cant keep this crew together for an extended period.
Breeland will help in that regard. He's not Alex (or I think King) - but he's got some goods and with all our "absences" he'll come in handy.

On 17/10/2018 at 3:06 PM, Outpost31 said:

Patriots are the one team I want the Bears to beat this year.

I'd agree with that.

I never liked the Pats much, as far back as 1996, due to an incident in the SB (their success since then is irrelevant to my dislike). I always want to see the Seahawks beaten like a young child's new toy drum............and the Cowboys as well. I don't hate on the Bears because the Packers and Bears are so seldom good at the same time. The Vikes are a more credible year in and out threat. They used to be a bit of a joke (eg the love boat scandal, and their tendency to collapse in the 2nd half of a season, but they seem to have their s**t together now.

Teams I quite liked, aside from the Pack, are the Bills (mainly due to the efforts of Marv Levy) and more recently the 49ers (I have a friend who is a big fan). I quite like seeing the Jags rise from their awfulness of a few years ago, too. They're a pretty good team now.

Breeland hasn't played yet right?  Jackson doesn't look great, but he's better than Davon House was this year and end of last year.

Jackson and Tramon are trouble for different reasons.  Breeland is TBD.  Hopefully the coaches get it sorted over the bye and give things a real chance to shake out.

If the Patriots have to beat the Bears, I hope they just absolutely destroy that defense, and I hope Trubisky has a terrible game.  I either want the Bears to beat the Patriots, or for the Bears to come crashing back to the reality that they're just not a good team and that they weren't ready to make that big move for Mack. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Patriots have to beat the Bears, I hope they just absolutely destroy that defense, and I hope Trubisky has a terrible game.  I either want the Bears to beat the Patriots, or for the Bears to come crashing back to the reality that they're just not a good team and that they weren't ready to make that big move for Mack. 

I dont see the Mack move as being a mistake at all. They have a QB on a rookie deal, and had a chance to get one of the best players in the game. He's a game changer.

Just now, Toddfather said:

I dont see the Mack move as being a mistake at all. They have a QB on a rookie deal, and had a chance to get one of the best players in the game. He's a game changer.

Yeah, not drudging up that argument again.  It's one thing to make moves with a QB on a rookie deal.  It's another thing to make moves that cost you two first round picks with a QB on a rookie deal who hasn't shown that he's capable of being the QB the team needs him to be. 

Trubisky has looked good against the Buccaneers and the Dolphins. 

He has looked average against the Packers and Seahawks.

He looked awful against the Cardinals.