This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

• 2 weeks later...

Let this be a lesson for anyone and everyone who wants to crown a champion in May.

Everyone was freaking out over the Niners.  They got a first round DL, first round WR, they’re so far ahead of us.  Even then they didn’t acknowledge those two rookies were REPLACING very good veterans.  Now?  Benjamin is opting out, and rookies across the NFL are going to be SIGNIFICANTLY less prepared than any other year in our lifetimes.

My bet is no rookie receiver has 600 receiving yards.  

No preseason means teams that stayed largely the same from the end of last year to this year and rely less on rookies will have the biggest advantage early in the season.  We are that team.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let this be a lesson for anyone and everyone who wants to crown a champion in May.

Everyone was freaking out over the Niners.  They got a first round DL, first round WR, they’re so far ahead of us.  Even then they didn’t acknowledge those two rookies were REPLACING very good veterans.  Now?  Benjamin is opting out, and rookies across the NFL are going to be SIGNIFICANTLY less prepared than any other year in our lifetimes.

No preseason means teams that stayed largely the same from the end of last year to this year and rely less on rookies will have the biggest advantage early in the season.  We are that team.  

I especially like Week 1 when the Packers offense gets to go up against a revamped Vikings secondary. And no crowd noise to speak of.  

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There's no way no rookie WR gets to 600 yds.

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

There's no way no rookie WR gets to 600 yds.

Again, we’ll see.  Lots goes into it for a WR.  

78 rookie receivers had 600 yards or more since the year 2000.  All of them had mini camps, training camps, 4 preseason games.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Not to mention Deebo Samuel is likely going to be out/limited for awhile with that foot injury.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, Outpost31 said:

I think the bigger reason why I feel better about the "Packers v. Niners comparison" is that Seattle has gotten better, Arizona has gotten better, and the Rams are at least a threat. The NFC West should be the toughest division in the NFC....by far. That bodes well for the each team beating up on each other. You could see the division winner at no more than 10 wins. 

The same thing in the South. Carolina sucks and ATL is an unknown every year, but at least Tampa on paper has added talent and maybe can compete with the Saints. That's a good thing. We want competition in the other divisions so the Saints don't go 6-0 in the division and win 13 games.  

It's set up well for the Packers in the North. We went 6-0 in the division last year and frankly, Minnesota is weaker, Chicago still has a mess at QB, and the Lions are dangerous but are fighting a history and culture of losing. If we win the division, GB should be right there competing for that lone first round bye. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...