This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

We beat Chicago when our QB was out nearly a whole half of the game.  And Ossweiler put up 31 against the Bears. 

To be fair, Trubisky was playing his first game in a new offense with a new head coach and team mates. Their defense was gassed in the second half too.

I could go on about losing to the Lions (3-6) and having our azzes handed to us by S.F. (2-8) at home even though we pulled it out, but I won't. We should be talking about wins against playoff caliber teams, and how we match up, but we can't, because we don't have any.

My point is, the bar has been lowered quite far if we are boasting about and dissecting wins against crap teams and how that measures up against division foes, but that's just me. Our only wins have come against teams led by Trubisky, Osweiler, Allen, and Beathard. Whoopee. By all means, carry on

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I could go on about losing to the Lions and having our azzes handed to us by S.F. even though we pulled it out, but I won't. We should be talking about wins against playoff caliber teams, and how we match up, but we can't, because we don't have any.

My point is, the bar has been lowered quite far if we are boasting about and dissecting wins against crap teams and how that measures up against division foes, but that's just me. We beat teams led by Trubisky, Osweiler, Allen, and Beathard. Whoopee. By all means, carry on

Not for nothin' but I would argue we beat the Vikings as well.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I could go on about losing to the Lions (3-6) and having our azzes handed to us by S.F. (2-8) at home even though we pulled it out, but I won't. We should be talking about wins against playoff caliber teams, and how we match up, but we can't, because we don't have any.

My point is, the bar has been lowered quite far if we are boasting about and dissecting wins against crap teams and how that measures up against division foes, but that's just me. Our only wins have come against teams led by Trubisky, Osweiler, Allen, and Beathard. Whoopee. By all means, carry on

It's hard to argue against an agenda where a game that GB wins, outgains the opponent by 120yds, wins the turnover battle, gets 8 more first downs is determined by the fan to be a game in which GB "got their azzes handed to them".

I wish we got our azzes handed to us every week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

And who have the Rams beaten that makes everyone think they are the greatest team ever?  How about the Patriots?  The Packers played their 3 toughest games on the road against teams currently running away with their divisions.  You could go on if you want but it won't make those of us who are optimistic stop being so.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's hard to argue against an agenda where a game that GB wins, outgains the opponent by 120yds, wins the turnover battle, gets 8 more first downs is determined by the fan to be a game in which GB "got their azzes handed to them".

I wish we got our azzes handed to us every week.

You're good at posts like that. The agenda line is getting old though. Listing 4 QB's we beat, who are horrible, is not an agenda, just simple facts. No agenda or master plan. I don't even know that that means, unless trying to make me look like a "bad fan" makes your view more valid, if you have a view, that is

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

And who have the Rams beaten that makes everyone think they are the greatest team ever?  How about the Patriots?  The Packers played their 3 toughest games on the road against teams currently running away with their divisions.  You could go on if you want but it won't make those of us who are optimistic stop being so.  

I never said anyone was the greatest team ever - but the two teams you mentioned will be in the playoffs

I have no problem with people talking about whatever they want to their hearts content. But I can too, right ?

49 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You're good at posts like that. The agenda line is getting old though. Listing 4 QB's we beat, who are horrible, is not an agenda, just simple facts. No agenda or master plan. I don't even know that that means, unless trying to make me look like a "bad fan" makes your view more valid, if you have a view, that is

Good at posts like what? Calling out something nonsensical?

I agree. That stuff always catches my eye.

If you think GB got their azzes handed to them by SF, you have very slanted views of the NFL.

If you don't actually think that, but posted it anyway, you have an agenda. Pure and simple. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Good at posts like what? Calling out something nonsensical?

I agree. That stuff always catches my eye.

If you think GB got their azzes handed to them by SF, you have very slanted views of the NFL.

If you don't actually think that, but posted it anyway, you have an agenda. Pure and simple. 

I think it because I watched it, and they pushed us all over our home field and dropped 30 points on us. I wasn't alone on my viewpoint of that game.

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I think it because I watched it, and they pushed us all over our home field and dropped 30 points on us. I wasn't alone on my viewpoint of that game.

We dropped more than 30, and pushed them all over the field 130% more than they pushed us.

If we got our azzes handed to us, surely SF did as well.

Did both defenses get pushed around by both offenses? Yes.

But that's not what you're saying.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

How many playoff caliber games would you say we've had?  Chicago is 6-3 but because their qb is bad they still don't qualify?  I don't really see how any team can rack up playoff caliber wins when there is always a reason why a win wasn't playoff caliber.  Outside of the Rams/Patriots which games do we have that would count?  Just the Vikings?  Or will this Thursday also count?  I'm assuming if we lose it will, but if we win Seattle is 4-6 and all of a sudden not a playoff caliber team....

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

How many playoff caliber games would you say we've had?  Chicago is 6-3 but because their qb is bad they still don't qualify?  I don't really see how any team can rack up playoff caliber wins when there is always a reason why a win wasn't playoff caliber.  Outside of the Rams/Patriots which games do we have that would count?  Just the Vikings?  Or will this Thursday also count?  I'm assuming if we lose it will, but if we win Seattle is 4-6 and all of a sudden not a playoff caliber team....

Eh