This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I find it amusing that fans of a team that essentially had the same record as GB last year are calling out the "dysfunction" in GB while having to ask veteran players to restructure their 1 year old deals in order to sign their draft picks.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/14/vikings-sign-first-round-pick-garrett-bradbury-restructure-eric-kendricks-contract/

Viking rubes are proclaiming Spielman as a cap magician and their players as committed and unselfish for restructuring.  After years of futility, Vike's fans have perfected the art of turning nothing into something, and turds into gems.   

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Viking rubes are proclaiming Spielman as a cap magician and their players as committed and unselfish for restructuring.  After years of futility, Vike's fans have perfected the art of turning nothing into something, and turds into gems.   

They're definitely the best at polishing turds. I take all mine to Minnesota for a good polishing. They don't even wear gloves

• Like 1

On May 4, 2019 at 9:45 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

You mean Amobi Akoye?  Everyone wanted him because he was 19.

I remember him. Gruden especially publicly gushed on him.  Couldn't use enough superlatives to desribe him. 

I was just reading an article on the Lions 43rd overall selection.  The linebacker whose name I won't look up.  I laughed out loud when he said, "There's that saying 'Lions don't listen to the opinions of goats.'"  He was going for, "Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep." 

It reminded me of George Bush not being able to remember, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me." 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was just reading an article on the Lions 43rd overall selection.  The linebacker whose name I won't look up.  I laughed out loud when he said, "There's that saying 'Lions don't listen to the opinions of goats.'"  He was going for, "Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep." 

It reminded me of George Bush not being able to remember, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me." 

There's a saying in Texas, I'm sure it's in Tennessee too

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just glad there's not video/articles of all the stupid/ incorrect things I've said, just an internet forum with a fake name.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I'm just glad there's not video/articles of all the stupid/ incorrect things I've said, just an internet forum with a fake name.

It's not a particularly bad one, and I'm sure he's a bright kid, I just laughed at it while reading it. 

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN:

The Chicago Bears quest to replace Cody Parkey led the coaching staff to implement a new technique to test the resolve of the three kickers currently under contract at Chicago's voluntary offseason program.

Bears special-teams coordinator Chris Tabor explained on Wednesday that he and head coach Matt Nagy lifted a page from the Masters' playbook and operate under the code of "Augusta silence" whenever a field goal is called for during team drills at OTAs.

"No one talks," Tabor said. "Obviously we're doing the 'Augusta silence' [for a reason]. That's been awesome. I am used to people yelling at me. You know, I'm used to, I mean my daughters and my wife will yell at me, so I'm used to it. But when it's quiet out there it is, it is a different feeling. Nagy and I have talked about it ... it's different."

//////////////////////

Next up will be the sensory deprivation tank and Chinese water torture technique followed up by mass tickling.