This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, CentralFC said:

2/9 seasons for Rodgers (22.2%)

13/16 (!!!!!!!) for Brady (82%)

7/18 for Manning (39%)

Pretty damn revealing. 

It still doesn't really change the chicken or the egg discussion?  It this a personnel issue or a coaching issue?

personnel more than coaching imo, but they both play a role

You lamented earlier that Capers needs a healthy crew to deploy his defense successfully, not sure that's any different than every other DC

Players, not plays. And if you simplify the defense so anybody can come in and play in it, then the opponents have an easier time  beating it

On ‎07‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, CentralFC said:

v2drogkacobz.png

Thanks for sharing.   Nice info and really helps to see why an emphasis on D for the recent drafts has been done.  The offense will be just fine with Rodgers and the various weapons already in place.   GB playoff success is about the D.  That unit needs to be a top 15 or even top 10 unit...or at least be playing like that at the end of the season.

I'm just sick to my stomach whenever I think about Brady being considered the best ever, especially after looking at that chart.  It took two teams choking for him to get two of them, and it took a decade of cheating for him to get three of them, and you never hear a damn thing about the Patriots consistently having a top 10 defense, and literally more often than not at that. 

On 7/20/2017 at 10:47 AM, CWood21 said:

Not gonna lie, I was very surprised how many people loved our draft.  Most thought it was easily top 10, a lot thought it was top 5.  I just felt it was one of those solid overall classes.  Then again, I don't really see this past draft class as special.

Back at the old site in the Gen forum there was a poll for the best drafting team and I was shocked to see us getting the most votes.  O.o

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Has anybody looked at the Jets roster recently? How do you let it get that bad?

Haven't they had 2 GMs and 3 coaches and like 23352 QBs in the last 5-6 years?  There is no stability, poor drafts coupled with some rotten luck, and you could be sunk.  Didn't they also pay eleventy billion dollars to Revis?

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Has anybody looked at the Jets roster recently? How do you let it get that bad?

It's called being unable to draft anything outside of DL.  Seriously, go back the last five or so years and most of their production has been DL selections.  And then you've got Calvin Pryor who they dumped on the Browns.  The Jets might be one of the worst drafting teams.  And doesn't help when you make selections like Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd round when most had him graded out on Day 3 at the earliest...

I'm obviously the biggest fan of safeties possibly on this site and not even I understood why the Jets took Adams.  Not saying I doubt Adams will be good, but when you have the sixth overall pick and your team is as devoid of offensive talent and talent in general, don't think safety is going to do much for you.  It's the same reason I was upset the Colts took Hooker.  A safety isn't going to do too much for you, especially as a rookie, if the rest of your team/defense aren't that great.  Hooker should have a better year than Adams just because teams will have to pass a lot to keep up with the Colts, but still...

To make matters even worse, what did the Jets do with their second pick, close to a low first round pick?  They took another safety. 

It's alright.  They'll make up for it with their third/fourth round picks.  They'll try to get some offensive linemen for next year when they take a QB.  Nope, they go WR/WR.  So nobody good can throw to them.

I was just so disappointed with what the Jets did.