This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 7/30/2017 at 10:50 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Has anybody looked at the Jets roster recently? How do you let it get that bad?

they are intentionally gutting the offense.  They cut marshall and decker and have made no effort to replace d'brick/clady and mangold over the past few years.  Not to mention the qbs and the blown picks on TEs.

Am I the only one who thinks all this 16-0 talk is ridiculous for the Patriots?  They play the Chiefs, Saints, Texans, Panthers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders and Steelers.  That's probably their toughest schedule in three years. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one who thinks all this 16-0 talk is ridiculous for the Patriots?  They play the Chiefs, Saints, Texans, Panthers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders and Steelers.  That's probably their toughest schedule in three years. 

It's ridiculous. And I am pretty sure BB himself would tell you so. 

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

It's ridiculous. And I am pretty sure BB himself would tell you so. 

I could understand it if they kept everybody from last year AND made the additions they made, but they didn't.  They lost Bennett, Blount, Long, Mingo, Ryan and Sheard.  They added Gilmore, and what he has in coverage over Ryan he loses in physicality and tackling (Ryan had 92 tackles for the Patriots last year and Gilmore's career high is 61, with rumors of him shying away from contact).  They also lost Ninkovich to retirement and replaced all that depth at pass rush with Kony Ealy.  A lot has been made about Brandin Cooks, but I really don't see him as an astronomically huge upgrade over Edleman anyway, and their offense was going to be good regardless.  I'm certainly not saying they're going to be bad, but I don't see their defense being any better or even as good as it was last year. 

42 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I could understand it if they kept everybody from last year AND made the additions they made, but they didn't.  They lost Bennett, Blount, Long, Mingo, Ryan and Sheard.  They added Gilmore, and what he has in coverage over Ryan he loses in physicality and tackling (Ryan had 92 tackles for the Patriots last year and Gilmore's career high is 61, with rumors of him shying away from contact).  They also lost Ninkovich to retirement and replaced all that depth at pass rush with Kony Ealy.  A lot has been made about Brandin Cooks, but I really don't see him as an astronomically huge upgrade over Edleman anyway, and their offense was going to be good regardless.  I'm certainly not saying they're going to be bad, but I don't see their defense being any better or even as good as it was last year. 

Yeah, they lost some key contributors from last years team. Cooks may not be a huge upgrade over Edleman, but he helps strengthen that WR group. I think it was smart on the Patriots end to grab another playmaker on the offense with never knowing just how many games you will get from Gronk. They are a shoe in for the playoffs yet again playing in probably the weakest division in the NFL 9_9 but undefeated... no.

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Yeah, they lost some key contributors from last years team. Cooks may not be a huge upgrade over Edleman, but he helps strengthen that WR group. I think it was smart on the Patriots end to grab another playmaker on the offense with never knowing just how many games you will get from Gronk. They are a shoe in for the playoffs yet again playing in probably the weakest division in the NFL 9_9 but undefeated... no.

That's another reason why Brady is overrated.  He's been in the worst division in football his entire career.

Since Brady became starter (16 seasons):

Jets - 6 playoff appearances.
Dolphins - 4 playoff appearances.
Bills - 0 playoff appearances
10 total playoff appearances from his divisional rivals in 16 seasons.

Since Rodgers became starter (9 seasons):

Bears - 1 playoff appearance.
Vikings - 5 playoff appearances.
Lions - 3 playoff appearances.
9 total playoff appearances in 9 seasons. 

Could you just imagine if the Patriots had drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of us in 2005?  The year Brady went down with an injury, Aaron would have taken over a team that had a top 10 defense in 8/9 seasons compared to twice out of 9 seasons. 

I'm super glad it didn't happen because I would be stuck as a Packer fan hating Aaron Rodgers, who would have won more Super Bowls than any other TEAM.  Rodgers with Moss and Welker 2008.  Rodgers with Gronkowski.  Rodgers with a top 10 defense.

57 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's another reason why Brady is overrated.  He's been in the worst division in football his entire career.

Could you just imagine if the Patriots had drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of us in 2005?  The year Brady went down with an injury, Aaron would have taken over a team that had a top 10 defense in 8/9 seasons compared to twice out of 9 seasons. 

I'm super glad it didn't happen because I would be stuck as a Packer fan hating Aaron Rodgers, who would have won more Super Bowls than any other TEAM.  Rodgers with Moss and Welker 2008.  Rodgers with Gronkowski.  Rodgers with a top 10 defense.

And your post is why I don't call Brady the GOAT.  It is difficult to label any single player in a sport so team oriented as football is as the all-time GOAT.  Brady fell into the perfect situation.  You are right, had Rodgers gone to NE he'd be the one everyone would be coronating and not Brady.   And sooner or later another young stud will blast upon the league and rewrite the record books and  he'll be all the rage - just as Montana once was.

Edited by Pugger

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Ha, trying telling Pats homers about how easy they have it. They don't buy into it at all.