This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Watt got off to a quick start in his first preseason game.  Even though I didn't want want us to take him, I can't help but feel like I'm going to constantly compare his career and King's career going forward.  I would feel so much better about this defense if we had taken Watt and a corner instead of Adams.

17 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Watt got off to a quick start in his first preseason game.  Even though I didn't want want us to take him, I can't help but feel like I'm going to constantly compare his career and King's career going forward.  I would feel so much better about this defense if we had taken Watt and a corner instead of Adams.

Wasn't corner by far and away our biggest need? I don't know how anyone can look back on it as a mistake.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

Wasn't corner by far and away our biggest need? I don't know how anyone can look back on it as a mistake.

For this season, but not going forward.  We heard nonstop how deep this draft was at corner.  I think House was a big enough upgrade at corner for this coming season. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For this season, but not going forward.  We heard nonstop how deep this draft was at corner.  I think House was a big enough upgrade at corner for this coming season. 

House is on a 1 year deal and CBs take time to develop. Even straight up I think King would have been the better pick, but adding Beigel too, makes that an easy slam dunk win for me.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:54 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm fine with King + Biegel for Watt. But yeah, those narratives will always be intertwined. 

Would like Biegel to get on the field. Hope the foot thing isn't a consistent issue. 

14 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Would like Biegel to get on the field. Hope the foot thing isn't a consistent issue. 

Those two statements are connected. The longer GB waits, the better the chances for a complete recovery. Dez came back too soon and so did Watkins and they both had setbacks because of it.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:52 PM, packerrfan74 said:

Former 2nd Round pick from last season, K Roberto Aguayo was released by the Bucs and picked up by the Bears. Here's to hoping he continues to blow

Your wish is his command. Maybe he'll join Justin Medlock in Canada...

Just talking about the Cobb to Patriots trade made me take a look at the Patriots roster.  Where is their pass rush? 

Their entire front seven has 97 career sacks.  The breakdown of where those sacks comes from is even more alarming. 

8 sacks have come from their defensive ends, 12.5 have come from their outside linebackers, 24 from their interior linemen and 52.5 of their player's career sacks have come from the inside linebacker position. 

Really though... Who do they have as a pass rusher?  An outside pass rusher?  Trey Flowers is literally the only one I see that looks remotely capable.  Is it pretty much a guarantee they're going after Brooks or somebody else?