This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

26 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Minnesota Vikings UDFA, Hercules Mata'afa of Washington State, tore an ACL today at practice. The explosive pass rusher had impressed Viking coaches who thought he had an inside track to make the team.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) June 6, 2018

Do we keep it classy or start laughing at injuries like they did with Clay?

Keep it classy for now.. until significant injuries occur. Then you can point and laugh.

16 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Is  some sort of Avy campaign going to be appropriate to put the hex on? 

Gregg Williams is such a generic looking guy that I don't think most people would get it...

Maybe close cropped photos of Drew Brees' birthmark? 

Junior Gallette swinging his belt?

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Gregg Williams is such a generic looking guy that I don't think most people would get it...

Maybe close cropped photos of Drew Brees' birthmark? 

Junior Gallette swinging his belt?

Brees is the head of the snake. If you cut the snake's head off, the body will die.

In Sum, need Breesus to have a bad season somehow.

First of all, its bad juju to live your life in a schadenfreude world

Second, we don't need Brees or the Saints to do anything that they haven't done before. For some reason, y'all have forgotten that they strung together 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons from 2014-2016 and they had the same result in 2012.

Its true, you can look it up.... B|

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nor/

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Second, we don't need Brees or the Saints to do anything that they haven't done before. For some reason, y'all have forgotten that they strung together 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons from 2014-2016 and they had the same result in 2012.

I've been saying this for a while now.  The Saints have been closer to that 7-9 record over the past 8-ish years than not.  Don't know why everybody treats them like a perennial 10-13 win team.  They also had a crushing defeat in the Divisional round, and that crap carries over.  Brees had his worst production since 2003 last year, one of their backs is suspended for four games, and their schedule is significantly more difficult than it was last year. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

7-9 =/= 0-16.  I am greedy, I want that #1 overall pick.  And I want it from the Saints' pick, not our natural.

Edited by DavidatMIZZOU

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:
2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Minnesota Vikings UDFA, Hercules Mata'afa of Washington State, tore an ACL today at practice. The explosive pass rusher had impressed Viking coaches who thought he had an inside track to make the team.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) June 6, 2018

Do we keep it classy or start laughing at injuries like they did with Clay?

Keep it classy for now.. until significant injuries occur. Then you can point and laugh.

Even McCarthy and Davante Adams were poking fun at Clay. The way he got hurt, and the fact that he is fine, makes it funny. I laughed too

Why laugh at a young UDFA getting a season ending injury?

I don't think anyone's laughing at Hercules getting injured.  Injuries suck and I wish they weren't part of the game.  I think the laughter comes from so many teams laughing at the Packers and not realizing just how well the Packers have done over the past few years in spite of their injuries.  I think only the Chargers over the past 8 years have had as many SIGNIFICANT injuries as the Packers have.  The Chargers haven't made the playoffs for what feels like those full 8 years while the Packers have been in the playoffs each and every year and even won the Super Bowl with a LOT of significant injuries, and also while losing the heart and soul of both the offense and defense DURING the Super Bowl.

I think it's just more venting and being happy that fans of rival teams get a taste of what it's like to endure a lot of injuries.  Look at how many people were laughing at the Packers in 2015 because of Jordy's injury.  We nearly made it to the Championship game that year with Abbrederis and Janis as our top two receivers.  The Vikings had virtually zero injuries last season and acted like they were unstoppable and could not be topped and that they were the rightful rulers of the division.  Doubt they would even have won the division if not for Aaron's injury.  That game Rodgers got hurt in was extremely close when he got injured, and the Vikings managed 16 points in the second one.  They held us to 0, but they also played Hundley for the full game.  13 points in the first loss and 16 points in the second loss... Rodgers overcomes those 13/16 point deficits.  That's 11 wins for them, 9 wins for us, and Aaron Rodgers to win 2 games against the Saints, Lions, Ravens, Steelers, Panthers and Lions for the Division Title. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've been saying this for a while now.  The Saints have been closer to that 7-9 record over the past 8-ish years than not.  Don't know why everybody treats them like a perennial 10-13 win team.  They also had a crushing defeat in the Divisional round, and that crap carries over.  Brees had his worst production since 2003 last year, one of their backs is suspended for four games, and their schedule is significantly more difficult than it was last year. 

I think the Saints are going to be a good team. That being said, I could easily see an 8-8 or at best 9-7 record because of their schedule and because they play in a division who should beat up on each other. I don't see the Saints sweeping Carolina or Atlanta and either of those teams on the right day could sweep the Saints. TB is a step behind but not a push-over. 

54 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Even McCarthy and Davante Adams were poking fun at Clay. The way he got hurt, and the fact that he is fine, makes it funny. I laughed too

Why laugh at a young UDFA getting a season ending injury?

No one was laughing... Injuries aren't something to laugh at. That's the point