This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Mmmm..... Keenum last year was definitely tier 2 qb play. Cousin's has played behind a pretty damn good line his whole career, its a whole new game behind MNs OL. They couldn't even get their splits consistent last year. Keenum wasn't given a fair shake his 1 year in STL. He didnt have an OL or a WR core. Keenum is better than you probably think..

Nah, Keenum played behind a great defense and looked very pedestrian against the Saints when the Vikes defense fell apart. He was even worse against Philly. Cousins is much better. That being said,  if we lived in a world where QBs were not ridiculously overpaid, Cousins would be worth about $15 mil a year and Keenum about $7 mil. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Nah, Keenum played behind a great defense and looked very pedestrian against the Saints when the Vikes defense fell apart. He was even worse against Philly. Cousins is much better. That being said,  if we lived in a world where QBs were not ridiculously overpaid, Cousins would be worth about $15 mil a year and Keenum about $7 mil. 

Right, when he looked pedestrian they lost. Brees lost that game for the Saints, he had their deep cross to Thomas open over Sendejo and underthrew it. It was their signature play all season and he did it wrong. So when Keenum didn't play Irish lucky they lost, or should have... Cousins will be the same way.. you basically agreed with me.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:38 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

The year the Redskins went to the playoffs, Cousins had double digit turnovers in five games. 

I'm guessing you meant multiple turnovers in five games but it got me thinking.  How many teams have had double digit turnovers in a game?  Who has the most double digit turnover games?  

There have been 18 games in History that had a team turn the ball over 10 times or more.  12 TOs happened 3 times, 11 TOs occurred once and 10 TOs 14 times.  The last time it happened was in 1984 Detroit vs. Denver.  Chicago had double digit TOs 4 times.  Detroit 3 times.  Green Bay has never had double digit TOs but caused them 4 times.  

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/turnovers

Edited by eyecatcher

Just took at look at Minny's OL roster. Much worse than I thought. We've GOT to be game-planning to exploit their Guards in particular. It's easy to get inside Cousins' head if we knock him around a bit.

Edited by Joe

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

But when the o line doesn’t perform everyone loves to be up in arms.

I'd reckon our SB odds with Lane Taylor and Kyle Murphy at guard are eerily similar as they were with Sitton and Lang. Pay your tackles, find value with the IOL, it's a simple formula that plenty of teams seem to screw up.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd reckon our SB odds with Lane Taylor and Kyle Murphy at guard are eerily similar as they were with Sitton and Lang. Pay your tackles, find value with the IOL, it's a simple formula that plenty of teams seem to screw up.

When you have elite players in the prime of their careers, you pay them. I’m not saying guard is more important; you just keep your talented players.

22 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

When you have elite players in the prime of their careers, you pay them. I’m not saying guard is more important; you just keep your talented players.

If you're a good team you will have more of them then you can afford to keep. Guard is at the bottom of the list when it comes to who you pay. If you're paying guards you shouldn't have a good roster.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you're a good team you will have more of them then you can afford to keep. Guard is at the bottom of the list when it comes to who you pay. If you're paying guards you shouldn't have a good roster.

So did GB have a bad roster in 2013, 2014 and 2015?   GB was paying their OG 7th, 5th and 3rd most in the NFL respectively for those years.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So did GB have a bad roster in 2013, 2014 and 2015?   GB was paying their OG 7th, 5th and 3rd most in the NFL respectively for those years.

That was a bad utilization of money yes. I'm OK with it because it was only a 2nd contract and they weren't 6 year deals like Martin got but if Sitton or Lang's 2nd deal went to a defensive player you'd have a hard time convincing me we'd been worse off.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Doesn’t always work like that.

Are you suggesting Dallas shouldn’t have paid Zach Martin?