This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Just now, packfanfb said:

Bears' front 4 is dominating. I'm envious...?

A front of Mack, Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, and Perry/Clay would get to the QB.  We are already generating pressure but man having Mack is not healthy to think about.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I want Earl Thomas. I want him even more after yesterday. 

It’s nice to dream about players that could help round this defensive unit out, but I try not getting my hopes up.  The reality is that no help is coming.  Coming to terms with that doesn’t ease my suffering though, LOL.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'll have to peek at schedules, but don't be surprised when CHI finishes higher in the north than Minnesota.

The reality is that GB now has to face two very explosive defenses four times a year, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Bears make the playoffs this year - contingent on Trubisky of course.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'll have to peek at schedules, but don't be surprised when CHI finishes higher in the north than Minnesota.

Nah. Trusbisky still looks very average at QB. They aren't going to win many games unless he improves. The defense will keep games close but not sure Trubisky can win them....our game was a good example.

You're sleeping on Minn. They're going to win a lot of games. It's us and them.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nah. Trusbisky still looks very average at QB. They aren't going to win many games unless he improves. The defense will keep games close but not sure Trubisky can win them....our game was a good example.

You're sleeping on Minn. They're going to win a lot of games. It's us and them.

Nah, you're sleeping more on Trubs. He will end up better than Cousins sooner than you think. Chicago's coach is also more tactical IMO. I like Zimmer, bit he's not exactly sneaky smart. He plays it straight and you have to be perfect or get breaks consistently to sustain that kind of ball. 

Chicago has more moving pieces and, what I suspect to be, a craftier HC. I see them as a bigger threat when I look further than 8 weeks out.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, you're sleeping more on Trubs. He will end up better than Cousins sooner than you think. Chicago's coach is also more tactical IMO. I like Zimmer, bit he's not exactly sneaky smart. He plays it straight and you have to be perfect or get breaks consistently to sustain that kind of ball. 

Chicago has more moving pieces and, what I suspect to be, a craftier HC. I see them as a bigger threat when I look further than 8 weeks out.

Trubisky just put together a very nice TD capped drive.  Looked poised and efficient.  He’s gaining more confidence, probably fueled on by knowing he has a great defense backing him up.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, you're sleeping more on Trubs.

Trubisky is way more than 8 weeks away from what you imagine him to be.
And he might never even get there...He's script- man right now, same as Hundley

If CHI is smart enough to keep Trubisky within the limits of what he does well, they will get some wins this year.  Nagy is generally well thought of as an offensive guy.  CHI's next few years will depend on how well Nagy and Trubisky click as a coach/QB combo.  Nagy had Alex Smith putting up big numbers last season.  Don't see many reasons to think Trubisky can't be doing similar things after a couple years under Nagy.