This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Im so confused, I only read the tweet, but  did he like break into the vikings player  home like trying to steal stuff or did he just break in to say hi? 

Not much has been printed on this facet of the story, but I’m very curious to learn more about that also.  Trying to understand if there’s a connection between the hotel incident, where he was allegedly trying to get into someone’s room, and why he would go to a fellow player’s home.  Maybe he caught a teammate cheating on his wife/girlfriend or something?  Just spitballing here.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Not much has been printed on this facet of the story, but I’m very curious to learn more about that also.  Trying to understand if there’s a connection between the hotel incident, where he was allegedly trying to get into someone’s room, and why he would go to a fellow player’s home.  Maybe he caught a teammate cheating on his wife/girlfriend or something?  Just spitballing here.

One of the articles.

According to the report, at one point staff members moved to the back of the office while Griffen paced around in the lobby.

Police dispatch audio archived online includes a dispatcher saying that the suspect said to the staff that if someone wouldn’t let him in his room that he was going to shoot someone. Police said no gun was ever seen.

At one point, the report said the caller stated that Griffen threatened to assault staff members and was laying on the lobby floor.

I mean, this is just nuts, what if the guy had a gun? Mental Illness can only take you so far when it's too late. Luckily he didn't have a gun, but he still committed a crime by threatening to shoot up the place. This just seems too fishy to me.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

One of the articles.

According to the report, at one point staff members moved to the back of the office while Griffen paced around in the lobby.

Police dispatch audio archived online includes a dispatcher saying that the suspect said to the staff that if someone wouldn’t let him in his room that he was going to shoot someone. Police said no gun was ever seen.

At one point, the report said the caller stated that Griffen threatened to assault staff members and was laying on the lobby floor.

I mean, this is just nuts, what if the guy had a gun? Mental Illness can only take you so far when it's too late. Luckily he didn't have a gun, but he still committed a crime by threatening to shoot up the place. This just seems too fishy to me.

Yep, and when you combine his actions in the hotel with his subsequent visit/break-in at one his teammates house, it’s possible this is a domestic incident, a la jilted lover or some such thing.  Again, I’m not a prognosticator- just guessing out of my arse.

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Yep, and when you combine his actions in the hotel with his subsequent visit/break-in at one his teammates house, it’s possible this is a domestic incident, a la jilted lover or some such thing.  Again, I’m not a prognosticator- just guessing out of my arse.

Or maybe he needs to pee in a cup- performance enhancers and other substances can cause psychosis.

too bad for the Vikings- this is how it starts when the wheels start falling off.

It's really hard to find out what's really going on up here.  They've already redacted his name off of the police report, but they acknowledge that it was indeed Griffin who was the player.  Breaking into a teammates house sounds like speculation.  Threatening the staff at the hotel is real and irrefutable.  The Vikings are in full damage control (they've had years of practice at this). Zimmer's seat just keeps getting hotter.

Edited by Dubz41

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

It's really hard to find out what's really going on up here.  They've already redacted his name off of the police report, but they acknowledge that it was indeed Griffin who was the player.  Breaking into a teammates house sounds like speculation.  Threatening the staff at the hotel is real and irrefutable.  The Vikings are in full damage control (they've had years of practice at this). Zimmer's seat just keeps getting hotter.

It's one of the coldest seats in the NFL

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

It's one of the coldest seats in the NFL

God I hope so.  Hope he stays there for many years.  With the supposed talent on the roster and the guaranteed contract for their QB it has to be super bowl or bust doesn't it? Yet he's had his a** handed to him in 2 of their last 4 games and couldn't beat the Packers with a one legged QB.  Just keep throwing ice cubes on his seat.  It's on fire.;)

9 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

God I hope so.  Hope he stays there for many years.  With the supposed talent on the roster and the guaranteed contract for their QB it has to be super bowl or bust doesn't it? Yet he's had his a** handed to him in 2 of their last 4 games and couldn't beat the Packers with a one legged QB.  Just keep throwing ice cubes on his seat.  It's on fire.;)

As our HC has said I think we should "clean our own house" before worrying about Minny. An opposing fan can easy point out we're a dropped INT and a chip shot field goal from being an 0-3 football team.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

As our HC has said I think we should "clean our own house" before worrying about Minny. An opposing fan can easy point out we're a dropped INT and a chip shot field goal from being an 0-3 football team.

Ya and we're also an INT whipped out by a BS call, 2nd try missed FG, not contested fumble, dropped TD, TD called back due to phantom hold away from 2-1.

Honestly, could have had a shot ( albeit a long shot) at 3-0 if not for dropped passes and fumbles.

That's the NFL

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Ya and we're also an INT whipped out by a BS call, 2nd try missed FG, not contested fumble, dropped TD, TD called back due to phantom hold away from 2-1.

That's the NFL

Regardless there's really no data to prove we're any better than Chicago or Minnesota at this point.

Couldn't care less what Zimmer's seat is like when our football team is laying down the crap pile it has for the last 5 quarters of football.