This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

Even if Julio gets worse in the redzone, so what?

Production between the 20s matters as well and dude is a monster in that regard. 

Yards don't win games.  This all stems from me saying for the past eight years that the Falcons made a stupid building move by trading all that for him.  They essentially felt like they were a receiver away from a Super Bowl.  I don't think any team in the history of the NFL has ever been a receiver away from a Super Bowl.  It's a stupid way to build a team, and now the Falcons sit with two receivers helping them move the ball and score the ball and they're 4-2 because they ain't got crap for defense. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Yards don't win games.  This all stems from me saying for the past eight years that the Falcons made a stupid building move by trading all that for him.  They essentially felt like they were a receiver away from a Super Bowl.  I don't think any team in the history of the NFL has ever been a receiver away from a Super Bowl.  It's a stupid way to build a team, and now the Falcons sit with two receivers helping them move the ball and score the ball and they're 4-2 because they ain't got crap for defense. 

I'm with you on positional value in the draft (I am anti any WR or ILB or IOL in high spots in the draft) and that WRs don't win super bowls.

But still - Julio is crazy good. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If a kicker is 100/100 on field goals of 30 yards and less and 20/100 on field goals from 31 or more yards, is that kicker crazy good, or is his crazy goodness limited? 

Don't you have your analogy backwards? In Julio's case, the kicker would be 100/100 from over 30 yards, and 20/100 from under 30 yards. That would be hard to explain, just like Julio getting shut out in the red zone.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If a kicker is 100/100 on field goals of 30 yards and less and 20/100 on field goals from 31 or more yards, is that kicker crazy good, or is his crazy goodness limited? 

The falcons are and were a good offense with Julio, even with your perceived red zone deficiencies for Julio.  So what's your point?

That kicker is the worst in the NFL, possibly in NFL history, so your example is pretty bad.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is not a fair comparison. Davante Adams had 8 TDs on 24 targets in the Redzone last year. That is 36.6%. NFL kickers made 50+ yard field goals by 72% last season. To get a kick where the best players make 36.6% would be pushing 60+. So Julio misses every 60+ kick. Still a good kicker.

I know this analogy is stupid - but so is yours. 

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

*2-4

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My analogies are NEVER stupid. 

Analogies are used to transfer the understanding of a familiar situation to a new, different, but similar situation that is not yet understood. The problem with analogies is the new situation is only similar and not exactly the same, so while analogies are helpful, they need explanations of where they are different, and how that affects the understanding you are trying to transfer. Some of the frustrations I see on here may come from this. It would help your case to make the differences and similarities of the two cases clear. That's why I'm called Fussnputz.

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty well I believe. He was their No. 3 CB.

10 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hadn't seen much of him this season.. Was he playing well?

Hughes split time with Alexander covering the slot but also played a bunch outside when Wayne's was out. Sucks to lose him as I think he was really going to be coming into his own.

The Vikings will be ok as long as Waynes and Rhodes stay healthy, otherwise they will be depending on Alexander or an undrafted rookie on the outside. In the slot I think they'll be ok with Alexander and Kearse, a safety who has actually played really well in nickel this year. 

• Like 1

Bears should beat patriots this week. New England has looked horrible on the road. Plus, they have major speed problems on defense. Those big lbs can't run. Remember that Nagy engineered the game plan when the Chiefs blew them out last season. 

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

Bears should beat patriots this week. New England has looked horrible on the road. Plus, they have major speed problems on defense. Those big lbs can't run. Remember that Nagy engineered the game plan when the Chiefs blew them out last season. 

Thats a good observation. I didnt know (or remember) that.
I projected NE to beat CHI in the Wk 8 GDT start up - a combination of my thinking the NE offense looked good against KC (which isnt really such a great feat given how bad a D they are.....) and some wishful thinking on my part. Contrary to practice (and likely outcome....) I'll be pulling for Tom Brady this week.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats a good observation. I didnt know (or remember) that.
I projected NE to beat CHI in the Wk 8 GDT start up - a combination of my thinking the NE offense looked good against KC (which isnt really such a great feat given how bad a D they are.....) and some wishful thinking on my part. Contrary to practice (and likely outcome....) I'll be pulling for Tom Brady this week.

Plus, the vaunted Bear defense wasn't exactly good this last week.