This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

33 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

'Forcing' the organization? C'mon they did a half *** job of investigating and only acted just before the video came out.

I'm not an apologist for guys who hit ladies, but like my two young adult daughters commented- she could have gotten out of there if she felt threatened, instead she stayed, tried to slap him and was apparently tossing the N-word around and spit at him.  Doesn't sound like a lady to me.  Anyway, here's a link that I was glad I read.  Just sharing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2018/12/14/ex-chiefs-star-kareem-hunt-family-criminal-history/2289525002/

Did the Chiefs want Hunt to say it was no big deal so that they could continue to play him and win football games? Of course they did.

Is it KC's fault that Hunt lied to the organization? Does Hunt bear any responsibility for his actions? Apparently not, for some.

I mean poor Kareem admitted on TV he lied his *** off. https://blackamericaweb.com/2018/12/03/kareem-hunt-admits-he-misled-chiefs-about-hotel-assault/

Also, for some reason I see nothing in your response about how poor Kareem was also the victim when he punched a guy in June, just 4 months after that uppity woman got hers. What did this guy do to the true victim here Kareem?

And many thanks to the link from USA Today. I was not aware that "the NFL is investigating three incidents in the past year in which he allegedly was involved in physical altercations — with the woman at a Cleveland hotel in February, with a man at an Ohio resort in June and with another man at a Kansas City club in January.

"The incident happened at Mosaic Ultra Lounge in downtown Kansas City around 2 a.m. on Jan. 7, shortly after the Titans defeated the Chiefs, 22-21. The unnamed accuser told police that when he approached the group, Atkinson punched him in the shoulder, and though the victim tried to fight back, he was overrun and kicked to the point of unconsciousness by three men, one of whom he identified as Hunt. The accuser was taken to the emergency room with a slate of serious injuries. Via KCTV5:"

The victim went to an area hospital emergency room where he was treated for a broken rib, a broken nose, as well as multiple bruises and contusions. He also had a small laceration to the upper left corner of his mouth and a laceration to his inner left lip."

https://deadspin.com/kareem-hunt-was-a-suspect-in-a-nightclub-assault-in-jan-1830834686

Wanting Kareem Hunt on the Pack to help them win football games is understandable, but defending this POS by pretending he's only had a single "worst moment" is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I've never heard this other stuff about Hunt - just the lobby altercation with the woman. If he was involved with some group kicking somebody unconscious.....he's got a strand of violence in him that....well, serves him well on a football field - but apparently gets out of control in society.

5 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Did the Chiefs want Hunt to say it was no big deal so that they could continue to play him and win football games? Of course they did.

Is it KC's fault that Hunt lied to the organization? Does Hunt bear any responsibility for his actions? Apparently not, for some.

I mean poor Kareem admitted on TV he lied his *** off. https://blackamericaweb.com/2018/12/03/kareem-hunt-admits-he-misled-chiefs-about-hotel-assault/

Also, for some reason I see nothing in your response about how poor Kareem was also the victim when he punched a guy in June, just 4 months after that uppity woman got hers. What did this guy do to the true victim here Kareem?

And many thanks to the link from USA Today. I was not aware that "the NFL is investigating three incidents in the past year in which he allegedly was involved in physical altercations — with the woman at a Cleveland hotel in February, with a man at an Ohio resort in June and with another man at a Kansas City club in January.

"The incident happened at Mosaic Ultra Lounge in downtown Kansas City around 2 a.m. on Jan. 7, shortly after the Titans defeated the Chiefs, 22-21. The unnamed accuser told police that when he approached the group, Atkinson punched him in the shoulder, and though the victim tried to fight back, he was overrun and kicked to the point of unconsciousness by three men, one of whom he identified as Hunt. The accuser was taken to the emergency room with a slate of serious injuries. Via KCTV5:"

The victim went to an area hospital emergency room where he was treated for a broken rib, a broken nose, as well as multiple bruises and contusions. He also had a small laceration to the upper left corner of his mouth and a laceration to his inner left lip."

https://deadspin.com/kareem-hunt-was-a-suspect-in-a-nightclub-assault-in-jan-1830834686

Wanting Kareem Hunt on the Pack to help them win football games is understandable, but defending this POS by pretending he's only had a single "worst moment" is ridiculous. 

Holy s*** man! Take a chill pill. I shared the link just so you could learn more about the history of it. I wasn't his defense attorney. I just thought they should do their due diligence from my initial post. If you read the article you should have noticed that none of his history happened until this very last year. Obviously something triggered it. I posted the link so that we could see what he went through. Not defending him. But some people have a tougher life than some of us.

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Holy s*** man! Take a chill pill. I shared the link just so you could learn more about the history of it. I wasn't his defense attorney. I just thought they should do their due diligence from my initial post. If you read the article you should have noticed that none of his history happened until this very last year. Obviously something triggered it. I posted the link so that we could see what he went through. Not defending him. But some people have a tougher life than some of us.

This is what you originally posted about Kareem Hunt:

"We should be doing our due diligence into the situation and consider adding Kareem Hunt.  All the misgivings could be hammered out in the contract offer.  Sure sounds like an isolated incident. Anyone here ever been forgiven for their worst moment?"

The due diligence you advocated reveals the assertion that poor Kareem's assault/kicking of the female "Sure sounds like an isolated incident" to be demonstrably false. 

Indeed, it turns out that the on camera assault may well not even be Kareem Hunt's worst moment of 2018.

Like I said, if you want Hunt on the team because you believe he will help the Packers win football games and don't give a **** that he not only assaulted a 19-year old female and lied about that assault to the Chiefs while also getting into physical altercations with at least two other people in two other incidents during just the last year that is your prerogative.

But every time someone emphasizes that "some people (like poor Kareem) have a tougher life than some of us," in "not defending" his conduct, I'll be be sure to note just why it is that I don't want the POS on the Packers.

Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

We should be doing our due diligence into the situation and consider adding Kareem Hunt.  All the misgivings could be hammered out in the contract offer.  Sure sounds like an isolated incident.

Anyone here ever been forgiven for their worst moment?

Nah **** that. Dude is a piece of trash. Pass

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I've never heard this other stuff about Hunt - just the lobby altercation with the woman. If he was involved with some group kicking somebody unconscious.....he's got a strand of violence in him that....well, serves him well on a football field - but apparently gets out of control in society.

I hadn't either until I read the article.  Hope he gets the help he needs. Sounds like he damn near made it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, packfanfb said:

Maybe this means that either Callahan or Amos will walk. 

Bet on both of them leaving.  I'm really curious to see Massie's 2019 numbers.  Bears are extremely tight, and they're going to have to start cutting players.  I really thought they'd lose Massie in order to retain one of Callahan/Amos. 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Bet on both of them leaving.  I'm really curious to see Massie's 2019 numbers.  Bears are extremely tight, and they're going to have to start cutting players.  I really thought they'd lose Massie in order to retain one of Callahan/Amos. 

$8M+ is what I've seen...and Packers fans are ready to release Bryan Bulaga with his $6.8M cap hit.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

$8M+ is what I've seen...and Packers fans are ready to release Bryan Bulaga with his $6.8M cap hit.

So first year I'd guess it is about 6 or 7. That leaves them just a shade over 8 million in cap space assuming first year is 6 million. It could be as low as 4 million however. Cutting Parkey will cost them an additional million so you are down to 9 million in cap space. Their rookie pool has to be the smallest in the league, probably 2 million tops. They will pick up six million more when they cut Dion Sims. 

That is pretty tight for a team with a QB on his rookie deal. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not cutting Bulaga but to be fair the argument to cut him has never been based on his ability, but because he's injured a lot. There is some risk there and I'd probably be open to letting him walk if we had a suitable RT ready to start in his place but we don't so I'd rather cross my fingers and hope he stays healthy.

Edited by packfanfb

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lololololololololololololol

Quick, someone give me a list of everyone who suggested cutting Bulaga so I can tag them and shame them.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lololololololololololololol

Quick, someone give me a list of everyone who suggested cutting Bulaga so I can tag them and shame them.

See the post right above you! By the way, this dude might not be as good as Bulaga but he's been there every game for 3 years. He's a hell of a lot better than Bulaga on IR or out injured which is happening way too often. 

Edited by Golfman

The Bears have had so many injury issues for the past couple of years and Pace has emphasized the best ability is availability and Massie has not missed a game. I think Callahan is not retained because he's never played a full season. Would be a great NB for another team. 

• 3 weeks later...