This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

14 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Wilson - deal or no deal?  If no deal, where do you think he’ll land?  Crazy to think he’d leave Seattle, but it’s looking more and more possible.

At that coin, no thanks.  But Seattle didn't have a choice.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Feels like that is going to be controversial since "Eskimo" is kind of a slur (not that the NFL has a problem with those, c.f. Washington) and there are other options.  I mean, even if you don't like "Kelleys" there was a now-defunct NFL team in Minneapolis from 1921-1942- the Minneapolis Marines, and last I checked the team is not playing anywhere close to Lake Superior.

Edit: there was another Minneapolis team from 1929-1930 - the Minneapolis Red Jackets.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

30 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

A minnesota team by any other name...still sucks

Packers beat em 20 - 0

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/192710090gnb.htm

I wonder if my granddad went to that game at City Stadium back in 1927?  He would have been 10 years old at the time, and I know for a fact that he did attend Packer games as a child, since he lived just a little south of Green Bay.  Interesting.  I'd ask him, but he died in 1986.

On 2019-04-12 at 7:30 PM, Arthur Penske said:

Man Looking At Thielen’s deal I’m sure glad GB resigned Adams when they did and to the deal they did.

Imagine thinking the Vikings are getting a bad deal on Adam Thielen, the WR with the most team friendly contract in the recent history of the league.

The deal you'd like to think is a bad one for the Vikings is Thielen's second contract extension, signed with 2 years remaining on his current deal. He's completely outplayed his initial $19M/4 contract extension (signed in 2017, running until 2020), which had only $11M left on it heading into this year. The second extension gives Thielen a bonus ($9M) heading into 2019, and some additional guaranteed money ($14M fully guaranteed at signing, and a total of $33M guaranteed if he stays on the Vikings roster into 2021).

Thielen will never see most of the new money. It looks like a market rate extension on paper, but he will continue to be paid less than Adams (himself relatively underpaid for his production) for the rest of his career. 

Cap hits by year: Thielen, Adams
2017 - $3.8M, $4.9M
2018 - $6.4M, $10.6M
2019 - $8.1M, $10.9M
2020 - $12.8M, $16.6M
2021 - $13.4M, $16.6M
2022 - $14.4M, Adams UFA
2023 - $15.5M
2024 - $14.6M
2025 - Thielen UFA

Adams has a higher cap hit than Thielen for every year they're both under contract, with Adams counting a little over 30% more than Thielen against the cap from 2017-2021.

Adams will turn 29 at the end of 2021, the last year of his current deal. He'll have a cap hit of $16.6M with $3.6M dead cap remaining. If the Packers are going to extend him for a 3rd contract (good idea IMO, he's developed into one of the best WRs in the league, and he'll still be in his prime), they'll extend him, most likely heading into the final year of that deal, reworking those numbers. If not, he can play out the year and be a UFA in 2022. 

Thielen will turn 32 just before the season opens in 2022, with 3 years left on his current deal. He'll have a cap hit of $14.4M with $3.6M dead cap remaining. If the Vikings feel his play has declined with age by that point (which it will), they will be able to renegotiate with him to lower that number. If not, he can be released with only the $3.6M dead cap remaining. 

In the scenario where Adams plays out 2021 and leaves as a UFA, he would have been paid about $59M/5 ($11.8M AAV) from 2017, the final year of his rookie deal, through 2021. 

In the scenario where Thielen is released before the 2022 season, he would have been paid about $48.8M/5 ($9.8M AAV) from 2017, the final year of his RFA deal, through 2021. 

So Adams will cost about $2M more per year than Thielen, from 2017-21. 

So far, Thielen and Adams have each had 3 years of production as a WR1. Since 2016: 

Thielen: 48 games, 273 receptions on 387 targets (70.5%), 3616 yards (13.2 YPR, 9.3 YPT), 18 TDs, 2 Pro Bowls, 32 Approximate Value
Adams: 45 games, 260 receptions on 407 targets (63.9%), 3268 yards (12.6 YPR, 8.0 YPT), 35 TDs, 2 Pro Bowls, 28 Approximate Value

Thielen has been a little better across the board except in TD production, where Adams doubles his total. 

Thielen's contract is for the Vikings is the exact opposite of a problem. He's been great, and his contract is an absolute sweetheart of a team friendly deal. 

Edited by Krauser

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

You guys get an alert when your players are mentioned? How can I set that up? PMs are open.

In his defense, it was from 3 weeks ago and was barely paged. And I don't think that deal is all that bad anyways. It would have been stranger if it was new for sure.

EDIT: I should lay off, I just looked and we were in their thread about the NFC North thread lol

Edited by Norm

21 hours ago, Krauser said:

Imagine thinking the Vikings are getting a bad deal on Adam Thielen, the WR with the most team friendly contract in the recent history of the league.

Imagine reading that statement and coming to the conclusion I implied Theilens deal was horrible. Then getting all defensive about Thielens contract when all I clearly stated was that I was glad we did Adams deal beforehand. Adams deal would have been more expensive for GB had GB waited.

Maybe better spend your time writing up a thread title that rhymes about Artic Cats and pretending you’re in some MN finer things club over there.

Also, weren’t you the one who got butthurt when I posted in the MN forum a few months ago and asked me to leave?  

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Here's the vid of Giants fans' reaction to the Daniel Jones pick for your "viewing pleasure", LOL: 

Remind you of anything? 

Every pick ever? Lol but Justin yeah. He ruined a good first name. 

Ever since I found out that Leroy Jenkins was fake, I don't believe any of these kind of videos.  Or the one with the kid who got his warcraft account taken and shoved the remote up his ***, that was fake too.  I just don't believe everyone happens to record all of this stuff happening.  Like how many face cams reaction videos are there for the 49ers taking Nick Bosa, when they knew that was going to happen for like a month? Always the controversial ones seem to have fans recording their own reaction or a convenient friend showing their reaction.  I just don't buy it.