This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

27 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I remember everyone being mad at the JH pick. NYG were looking for Allen or Haskins.

Who were all the GB fans looking for in 2007? I don't remember. And did we miss on someone that we wanted that was actually good.

Old people like me can remember who we missed out on when we took Tony Mandarich, but I don't remember who we missed by taking Harrell.

I think a lot of us wanted Lynch bad but he was gone by then. That's a good question 

I was convinced the pick would be Leon Hall or Aaron Ross. Reggie Nelson and Meachem were fan faves. In hindsight, that First Round was fricken loaded. Seventeen Pro Bowlers. IIRC TT joked about the booing by the fans in the concourse. They were right

Edited by cannondale

40 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I remember everyone being mad at the JH pick. NYG were looking for Allen or Haskins.

Who were all the GB fans looking for in 2007? I don't remember. And did we miss on someone that we wanted that was actually good.

I want to say GB fans were high On Okoye, Timmons, and Macheum

Edited by Arthur Penske

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want to say GB fans were high On Okoye, Timmons, and Macheum

I know this should remind me of the Nigerian nightmare but anyone remember Lawrence okoye lol. He was in the AAF it seems. I'll never forget this got who kept doing mock drafts with him going top 5.. Good times

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Old people like me can remember who we missed out on when we took Tony Mandarich, but I don't remember who we missed by taking Harrell.

I think that was the Greg Olson draft.  He was the one that I wanted.  Solely because I saw him run a catch drill and move quicker than the balls that were being thrown at him.  He caught everything and looked disgusted that they didn't throw him more.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bears about to trade their 2021 1st rounder for Robbie Gould 🤣

HA! Thats too funny.

"Nowwwwwww....here ya go. Gonna have you line up and put it through the goal posts - thats THROUGH the goal posts - from the exact same distance that cost us the playoffs and that kicker his J-O-B. You dont happen to see him around anymore do you? Sooooooo - now line it up and kick it as if your careers were riding on it - cause far as the Chicago Bears are concerned? You miss we'll have some lovely parting gifts for you"

:)

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:
Bears about to trade their 2021 1st rounder for Robbie Gould 🤣

Not sure about that....but somethings up with Gould......

ESPN:

The Bears have been unable to stabilize the kicker position since they released veteran Robbie Gould -- the team's all-time leading scorer -- prior to the start of the 2016 regular season. The San Francisco 49ers applied the franchise tag to Gould in the offseason, but he told ESPN last week that he wants to be traded and will not report before the 49ers' season opener on Sept. 8.

Cant say I've ever heard of a FG kicker making these kind of demands.

He's 37 (so not exactly at the front end of things....) - will be pulling down 4.9M this season (cant say how that stacks in with other FG kickers.....) - and will be UFA next year.

Not sure what his beef or angle is.
Maybe SF is just too foggy for his liking.
Maybe the ambience of the trolley cars has worn off and he wants out of town.
Maybe he doesnt want to play with the recently drafted Trump supporter.
Maybe he does in fact want back in Chicago  -  or  -
Maybe a nice new contract with plenty of guarantees will make all his maybes go away.
Maybe.

Edit: Well actually I can say how Goulds 2019 4.9M salary stacks up with other FG kickers. Its second in the league behind Justin Tucker's 5.1M. Hmmmm......maybe he really doesnt like those trolley cars.....

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

That was my understanding

Interesting......

Diving deeper (as I cant say following the career arc of FG kickers is something I spend my spare time doing.......)

He was with CHI for 12 of his first 14 years in the league (a couple of shared / two team seasons). Then NYGs (1yr) and SF (2 - 2017 + 2018).
Maybe the wife is just tired of him being away all the time - or well - a few months out of the year at least. "Retire! You've made 29M already and I could use the help"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Gosh, it's almost like when I said it could be a mistake to cut Pankey I shouldn't have been called an idiot by Bears fans. 

Financially, perhaps not the smartest move. He's costing them a fair amount of coin still. But he had a pretty rugged year kicking the ball. Why and if correctable? Couldnt say - I dont kick for a living - but whats undeniable is when/if he "boinked" a FGA/XPT off the crossbars - or missed his first gimme - the CHI crowd would have let him hear it - and that pressure could have affected performance - so perhaps best to cut bait and move on.

MN did the same thing with that kicker (Fuller?) that missed the 29yrder that cost them a playoff game against SEA. Adios. I dont think Zimmer thinks too highly of kickers......