This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re right.  If we missed on all three free agents plus both first round picks, Mack would have been the better option.  Lol.  Five shots or one shot.  

I prefer to go with the law of averages on this one.  What if we batted .500 in FA and .500 in the draft.  Let's say Gary was a bust, but Savage was a hit.  Z was a hit, but Preston Smith was a bust.  We've seen the level that Khalil Mack has elevated the Bears' defense.  It went from a good one to an elite one.

Just now, VonKarman said:

You have a pretty good argument, but obsessing over some ****, repeating it ad nauseam and hiding some info to try to prove your point ain't gonna help you convince people.

I don't bring it up anymore, I respond when it's brought up.  So get over yourself with the ad nauseam.  I didn't hide ****.  The Bears traded their two firsts and swapped picks with the Raiders.  The extra picks are essentially meaningless.  We got Gary and Savage.  We would not have gotten them had we traded.  I get a little peeved when people say the trade was dependent on so and so.  It wasn't dependent on ****.  They traded for him knowing they had an unknown at QB.  You can't give them a break for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't bring it up anymore, I respond when it's brought up.  So get over yourself with the ad nauseam.  I didn't hide ****.  The Bears traded their two firsts and swapped picks with the Raiders.  The extra picks are essentially meaningless.  We got Gary and Savage.  We would not have gotten them had we traded.  I get a little peeved when people say the trade was dependent on so and so.  It wasn't dependent on ****.  They traded for him knowing they had an unknown at QB.  You can't give them a break for that. 

0d7.jpg

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Khalil Mack was traded to the Bears on September 1st, 2018.  Which QBs have been available?  The 2018 draft had already concluded, so the first time they could look to upgrade their QB situation would have been 2019 FA and the 2019 NFL Draft.  In the 2019 NFL Draft, Kyler Murray went 1st overall and Daniel Jones went 6th overall.  It's probably safe to assume that the Bears' defense would have kept them from picking in the top 5.  The only other QBs taken in the first 64 picks were Dwayne Haskins (15th overall) and Drew Lock (42nd overall).  Are either of those QBs clearly better than Mitch Trubisky?  No.  If you want to argue they can't be much worse, that's probably not an argument either one of us can prove.

And I really hope your argument of Mack on the Bears vs. the Raiders being a major hyperbole.  I'm not sure there's a single Raiders' defensive player that you'd take over the Bears.  The Bears have an elite defense.  Unfortunately, their offense is beyond mediocre.  The Bears weren't suddenly going to sink to a top-5 pick level.  Getting even halfway decent QB play, they're a 8-12 pick.   We've seen what the cost is to move up from that range into the top 3 to get a QB.  The Eagles and Rams gave up MULTIPLE premium picks.  Is it worth mortgaging your future away if you think Trubisky is the answer at QB?

We don't know because they are rookies. We also know the Bears have no shot at getting a QB in the early part of round 1 this year either because of the Mack deal. 

What tangible evidence did they have that Trubisky was the answer? He was going into his second year with little to show on his resume. Sorry, but you don't go all in in that situation. They did and it is going to set them back a decade. Their defense will be good enough to win 8 games and their offense will suck enough to keep them from a Lombardi. Which is perfect for Packer fans! 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I prefer to go with the law of averages on this one.  What if we batted .500 in FA and .500 in the draft.  Let's say Gary was a bust, but Savage was a hit.  Z was a hit, but Preston Smith was a bust.  We've seen the level that Khalil Mack has elevated the Bears' defense.  It went from a good one to an elite one.

How many rings has it brought them? You act like people are trying to argue against Mack being elite. Nobody is saying that. You go all in with at best an unknown at QB is a mistake. It is playing out the unknown is garbage. 

The best part of all this, Bears fans were putting money that Trubisky would win the MVP this year! 

Edited by Golfman

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Eric Kendricks just signed an extension, so he's not a FA anytime soon.  The problem isn't Kirk Cousins, and holding onto Case Keenum isn't the solution.  The problem is that OL is garbage.  Kirk Cousins is good enough to keep you in games, but he's not going to carry that franchise.  If you have a better OL, that Vikings' franchise has significantly more success than it's currently having.  Keenum needs to stop turning the ball over.  And they weren't going to be in a position to draft their QBOTF with how good their defense is.

You can't invest in your OL when you 'courageously' guarantee a contract to a JAG QB and try to pay everyone on defense.  Kendricks and Barr just signed big contracts.  Their WRs are making way too much money playing with 'game manager' Kirk.  They have like $84M tied up in their passing attack for a head coach who wants to run the ball more.  Two injury riddled years from their RB who is going to want to get paid next year.  Like @Outpost31 said, this team is looking at a hard rebuild soon.  They may see a front office cleaning even sooner. 

Edited by Dubz41

Hicks to IR is a gigantic loss for the Bears.  Is he eligible to come back?  Either way, missing the... Is it six weeks?  That's huge for them.  Hicks/Mack are the two players that did not allow each other to be doubled.  Huge, huge, huge loss for the Bears.  Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Rams, Giants, Lions, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings. 

None of those games are going to be easy except maybe the Giants game. 

Edit: Answered my own question.  Hicks is not eligible to come back until week 15.  

Edited by Outpost31

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Hicks to IR is a gigantic loss for the Bears.  Is he eligible to come back?  Either way, missing the... Is it six weeks?  That's huge for them.  Hicks/Mack are the two players that did not allow each other to be doubled.  Huge, huge, huge loss for the Bears.  Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Rams, Giants, Lions, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings. 

Edit: Answered my own question.  Hicks is not eligible to come back until week 15.  

Against guess who....lol. 

Yea, still a huge loss for the Bears. Bout time they suffered a few injuries. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Which means he can come back the week we play against them.

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

They still have Roberson Ryan and Goldman.

Those are two pretty good players, too.

Yes it is a loss, but their cupboard is far from bare.