This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 1/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, vegas492 said:

If you were Cousins, would you sign an extension?  If/when he hits free agency, again, he will get a deal even better than what he has now.  Cap goes up.  New CBA coming.  Cousins has bet on himself before.  I can see him doing it again and getting an Obnoxious deal.

Probably depends on what kind of deal the Vikings are offering.

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Let's get a 3 way trade and bring buddy to town.

Pass.

I don't want to pay the 11m/year + the draft picks the Vikings would expect for him. I'm ok with spending $ in FA or trading for guys on cheaper contracts, but not both, especially since he'd probably be just as grumpy here not being a clear #1 option (and some games maybe being the #3)

We don't really need to invest in one higher end WR. We have that in Adams. The Packers need WR #2-3-4 to be decent NFL players instead of fringe roster guys.

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No way. Diggs is an idiot.

He's passionate.  No doubt.

He also has extreme quickness and some pretty good long end speed to go with a highpoint ability.

I really like his game.  I think Aaron would as well.

I'm hesitant to give the Vikings much in return, but Diggs is a really good player.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He also has extreme quickness and some pretty good long end speed to go with a highpoint ability.

I'm hesitant to give the Vikings much in return, but Diggs is a really good player.

Its really irrelevant because MN isn't going to trade him to GB but as good as a player he is. However, even if he was available somehow, I wouldn't want anything to do with him and would consider other options.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Its really irrelevant because MN isn't going to trade him to GB but as good as a player he is. However, even if he was available somehow, I wouldn't want anything to do with him and would consider other options.

Agree that Minnesota isn't trading him to GB.

I do disagree about him as a WR.  Dude is insanely talented.  Quickness, speed, agility, high pointing ability.  And I like his passion.  

But yah, it isn't going to happen unless they outright release him and I don't see that happening at all.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Agree that Minnesota isn't trading him to GB.

I do disagree about him as a WR.  Dude is insanely talented.  Quickness, speed, agility, high pointing ability.  And I like his passion.  

But yah, it isn't going to happen unless they outright release him and I don't see that happening at all.

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

Pass.

I don't want to pay the 11m/year + the draft picks the Vikings would expect for him. I'm ok with spending $ in FA or trading for guys on cheaper contracts, but not both, especially since he'd probably be just as grumpy here not being a clear #1 option (and some games maybe being the #3)

We don't really need to invest in one higher end WR. We have that in Adams. The Packers need WR #2-3-4 to be decent NFL players instead of fringe roster guys.

Totally agree with this.  Don't need somebody else's head case that will cost big dollars.  Packers need a couple complimentary wr's to help take pressure off Adams.  Wouldn't hurt to have at least one tight end too but hoping Sternberger can do it. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:
1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I would give our 1st for Diggs with his $11m and $12m cap hits going forward. Great type of WR for this offense I would think, he's arguably the best separation WR in the league

Is Diggs a headcase, though?  

I know he had issues with the offense this past year and maybe even Cousins.  He's cryptic with a few tweets out there, but I don't see a headcase.  I see a guy that wants to win.  And getting him the ball leads to wins.

And I agree that he's one of the best quick separation guys in the league.  He's got that kind of AB skillset.  

And again, I think the point is mute.  I don't see a universe where Minnesota sends him to GB without a king's ransom.

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
29 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I would give our 1st for Diggs

IF the Packers offered (3) 1sts and the Chargers offered a single 4th -  the vikes would take the Chargers pick before they sent Diggs to Titletown

A little hyperbolic but yes, I know. I was just saying I would do it