This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, Joe said:

I mean...the Bills are that much better than they've been and with the addition of Stephon Diggs and Zach Moss offensively and Epenesa defensively, they're probably going to win that division walking away and may get a 3 seed depending on how Baltimore and KC fare.

Said it before, I don't think the Bills were good last year. Pretty sure 8 of their 10 wins came against teams that drafted in the top 10. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Brady played worse against the Bills the last three years than any other team and the Patriots still beat the Bills.

The Patriots aren't beating the Bills this year. That team is depleted and Belichick will probably want to move on after the year...

8 hours ago, Joe said:

The Patriots aren't beating the Bills this year. That team is depleted and Belichick will probably want to move on after the year...

Heard something about NE having about 100M in cap space next year. If a "rebuild" is necessary, it wont have to be an extended one.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Heard something about NE having about 100M in cap space next year. If a "rebuild" is necessary, it wont have to be an extended one.

Fair point, but you have to wonder how long that rebuild is going to take. With Belichick and Kraft being at odds over the whole Brady thing, I think the two may want to part ways and finally hand the reigns over to Josh McDaniels.

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Fair point, but you have to wonder how long that rebuild is going to take. With Belichick and Kraft being at odds over the whole Brady thing, I think the two may want to part ways and finally hand the reigns over to Josh McDaniels.

Bill Belichick isn’t pushing Brady out if he’s ready to retire in a couple years.

Listen, the Patriots won 6 Super Bowls because Belichick’s defense kept teams under 23 points more often than not.  Literally.  And 23 points isn’t some random number.  That’s the average points scored per game.  

The Patriots allowed over 23 points only 15 times in Brady’s career.  That’s 14/43 games.  Brady won 7 games in which the defense allowed more than 23 points.

His first Super Bowl his defense gave up 13,17,17 points.  

His second was 14,14,29. 

His third was 3, 27, 21.

His fourth was 31, 7, 24.

His fifth was 16, 17, 21.

His sixth was 28, 31, 3.

He lost 2 Super Bowls where his defense gave up only 17 points and he won a Super Bowl where he only scored 13.

Now imagine how many Rings Rodgers would have right now if he had been a Patriot since his career started.  Or Brees.  Or Peyton Manning.  

Everyone wants to slobber all over Brady for that Falcons comeback but they forget two things.  He sucked the first half.  Bad.  Threw a pick six, too.  And the Falcons ran the ball 4 times in the second half.

What he did was more the Falcons blowing it than him doing anything special.

And finally people will see that.  Brady will have like 5,000 passing yards, 45 touchdowns, 9 interceptions and 9 wins.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, Outpost31 said:

Bill Belichick isn’t pushing Brady out if he’s ready to retire in a couple years.

Listen, the Patriots won 6 Super Bowls because Belichick’s defense kept teams under 23 points more often than not.  Literally.  And 23 points isn’t some random number.  That’s the average points scored per game.  

The Patriots allowed over 23 points only 15 times in Brady’s career.  That’s 14/43 games.  Brady won 7 games in which the defense allowed more than 23 points.

His first Super Bowl his defense gave up 13,17,17 points.  

His second was 14,14,29. 

His third was 3, 27, 21.

His fourth was 31, 7, 24.

His fifth was 16, 17, 21.

His sixth was 28, 31, 3.

He lost 2 Super Bowls where his defense gave up only 17 points and he won a Super Bowl where he only scored 13.

Now imagine how many Rings Rodgers would have right now if he had been a Patriot since his career started.  Or Brees.  Or Peyton Manning.  

Everyone wants to slobber all over Brady for that Falcons comeback but they forget two things.  He sucked the first half.  Bad.  Threw a pick six, too.  And the Falcons ran the ball 4 times in the second half.

What he did was more the Falcons blowing it than him doing anything special.

And finally people will see that.  Brady will have like 5,000 passing yards, 45 touchdowns, 9 interceptions and 9 wins.

Everyone calls Brady the GOAT because of his SBs but nobody acknowledges how his defense has carried him in many of them; and if it weren’t for two egregious play calls vs Sea and Atl we’re singing a different tune. 

If you’re starting a team from scratch, Tom Brady isn’t the first QB you would take. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 9:10 PM, Outpost31 said:

Lol at anyone who thinks anyone but the Patriots are winning that division.

I agree. And while 2020 might not be the year, Bill will show everyone over the next few years that he played a larger role in their organization’s success than Brady. Bill just needs an adequate QB to be a good team.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, Arthur Penske said:

I agree. And while 2020 might not be the year, Bill will show everyone over the next few years that he played a larger role in their organization’s success than Brady. Bill just needs an adequate QB to be a good team.

And I have a weird feeling that Stidham will become a solid-to-good QB, in NE, at least. 

8 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I couldn't help but laugh. 

You and others. They covered this on PTI earlier tonight IIRC.

If this weren't the Bears, I'd tell you that DeFilippo is there to get Foles up and running so he can be the next Kyle Orton and pilot the Bears for the next couple of years while a high draft pick develops....but it's the Bears so...they have routinely demonstrated an incompetency at evaluating the QB position...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...