This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I caught some of the MN/IND game today and I have to ask- are the 2020 Vikings a bad team?

Yes and I think they may be in trouble beyond 2020 due to money invested in Kirk, Lack of Oline,  and core players from their defense continuing to age that will be out of their prime when/if the vikes can get good again

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Vikes are still without Hunter.  Take Z off of our defense some time.  While replacing Alexander with Jackson.  I think that is the state of their defense.

I don't think the Vikes are a bad team.  But they are working through a lot of very young, inexperienced players.  And they never had the o-line to hang their hat on and make life easier.

Thinking they struggle early, but will be much better towards the end of the year.  

The issue is, and I’m going to sound like outpost here, but they gave the money to the wrong guy.

Everyone knows Cousins is just a guy. They beat Saints in NO in the playoffs... so? Saints have that recent history. They are world beaters in the regular season... and bad in the post, heck one can argue worse then the packers under McCarthy. At least they made it to a handful of NFCC games.

They bet on Cousins and it burned them. Elite defenses are always ticking time bombs. Keeping all the pieces needed together... playing at that consistent level, that’s tough (ask SF). Cousins needs everything perfect to win and with that they traded away their most explosive offensive piece in Diggs. 

That team is a transition defense (with no guarantees it will return to glory). An average oline, a try hard at WR 1, and a star run back who I keep questioning because I don’t think he wants it bad enough... seems like he just goes thru the motions.

Thats a recipe for 4-6 wins.

• Like 1

At this point I hope the Vikings start winning some games.  Down 0-2 this early, one of which against the Colts who should have been an easier team, their schedule doesn't get any easier, and they might be in position to grab an elite top 5 talent if they keep this trend going.

It might also force them to fire Zimmer, and I like Zimmer right where he is. 

Titans, Texans, Seahawks, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Panthers, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Bears, Saints, Lions.

That's their schedule. 

Red I see as losses, bold I see as teams that could give them hell.  Only "easy" game on their schedule is the Panthers.