This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The Vikings still have to play the Seahawks, Saints, Bucs, Jags, and Cowboys.  All of whom look a lot better at this point.  Plus, how are they going to stop Detroit from scoring 50 points?

They might beat the Jags, but honestly, they seem checked out already.

18 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The Vikings still have to play the Seahawks, Saints, Bucs, Jags, and Cowboys.  All of whom look a lot better at this point.  Plus, how are they going to stop Detroit from scoring 50 points?

Is that the same Jags team that just got obliterated by MIA?

This years CHI team feels a lot like last years GB team.  Keep expecting them to lose, but they keep coming up with improbable wins.  They aren't SB contenders,  but I can see a Foles led Bears team making the playoffs after the 3-0 start.  If they come out of the week 4 game vs IND with a win, I'll have to start taking them more seriously.

If the 49ers had to pick a time to get totally obliterated by injuries, this was it. They’ve been beating the cream puffs on their schedule in spite of their roster being on life support. I hope they take at least one L over the next few weeks before they get some of their starters back.  After that, they will have to get in a dog fight within the NFCW and with other contenders. 

Edited by Refugee

25 minutes ago, Refugee said:

If the 49ers had to pick a time to get totally obliterated by injuries, this was it. They’ve been beating the cream puffs on their schedule in spite of their roster being on life support. I hope they take at least one L over the next few weeks before they get some of their starters back.  After that, they will have to get in a dog fight within the NFCW and with other contenders. 

It helps. But losing guys like Bosa for the season really impacts how good they are for the rest of the season.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, Mazrimiv said:

This years CHI team feels a lot like last years GB team.  Keep expecting them to lose, but they keep coming up with improbable wins.  They aren't SB contenders,  but I can see a Foles led Bears team making the playoffs after the 3-0 start.  If they come out of the week 4 game vs IND with a win, I'll have to start taking them more seriously.

Agree with this. The Nagy/Foles combo is an unknown at this juncture.

Foles lighting up a lousy ATL D isnt telling - but he throws an entirely different ball than Trubisky - much better IMO.

His weakness is injury - so alot will could come down to the CHI OL and their ability to protect him. Unlike Trubisky, Foles cant get away from anybody and he's got a history of breaking. Losing Cohen will hurt....but I think they've enough weapons on offense to keep scoring points and remain competitive.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:45 PM, Mazrimiv said:

I disagree... GB was never down double digits in games and needing a crazy come back in the 4th quarter, more so in 2 out of the first 3 games of the season.

Fact is they should be 2-1 if not 1-2. Everyone talked about GB being worse record wise this year because they won so many one score games. But during those games GB never felt out of it. Bear felt like they were going to lose to Detroit and Falcons... it’s just those teams had epic collapses.

Bears will start to fall down to earth a bit when they match up against teams that are better coached and more consistent.

Having said that they are still clearly the 2nd best team in the division and the biggest divisional threat to the Packers. They look like a 7-9 to 9-7 team. 

• Like 1